Fraud

Agnieszka1986
Contributor
Contributor
I send item, and I do not get a pay. I get message from PayPal I must send somebody 240€ from western union. I do that and I still do not get cash. Just I get a second message I must send again 155€ for this person and I will get back all my money. What I must do?????!!!!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They will tell you to send a payment via western union or moneygram to get the item via customs or fund a shipping agent. PAYPAL WOULD NEVER TELL YOU TO USE A RIVAL SERVICES.

Most scams originate from Nigeria.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Agnieszka1986
Contributor
Contributor
I canot do nothing now? I do not get back my item and cash?
Login to Me Too

lavendermist201
New Community Member

Have my car for sale. Received an e-mail from individual who claimed to be a soldier stationed out of the country and he wanted to purchase my car as a gift for his father-in-law. He wanted to pay me through PayPal, but have me first pay for some moving company to come and pick up the car-he quoted a price of $1000.00 dollars for this at Western Union. When refused, he became verbally abusive-threatened to call the police etc. I did not put forth the money, and received another e-mail very similar today. The person wanted to buy my motorcycle, though I clearly listed it as as a car, suggested I go thru PayPal etc. I told him I would only deal in cash or a bankers check and did not hear back from him or her, but they also claimed to be in the service outside the country

Login to Me Too

doubler123
Contributor
Contributor

Received a text message from 

paypalmaintenance@paypal-resolution-centerebmegaobjo.com

with the following text

(Upgrade) WARNING - Account limited! Please follow the following link http:// (garbage link follows)

Logged into my paypal account and there is no indication of any limitations.

Most of you are probably savvy enough to realize that this is a phishing expedition ... be warned ... do not follow the link and do not click on forms .... you will most likely be compromised.

Login to Me Too

davcataa
Contributor
Contributor

NEVER ship an item before you receive payment and shows in your paypal account!! Always remember that paypal will NEVER send you an email telling you that you must ship before payment will be made. Also the buyer is responsible for all custom fees, not the seller. So now you gave this buyer your item and a nice 240 euros as a bonus. I am sorry this happened to you but I am afraid all you can do is learn what not to do from this experience. If you ever have something like this happen in the future come here first and ask before doing anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.