Fraud chargeback/unauthorized payment protection theft

303derrick
New Community Member

I have an unauthorized payment chargeback on my account and im greatly wondering how i should go about this chargeback when i was told from the beginning it was authentic and had nothing to worry about. so i sold a laptop at a **bleep** good price and now ive recently had the money i recieved in the beginning deducted from account please if anyone can give me advice or something to work with?????? it would be highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

303derrick -

Welcome to the Community!

A chargeback is not issued by PayPal, but by the credit card the buyer used to pay you.  More information on chargebacks can be found here.  PayPal is helping you respond to this dispute that the card issuer created.

If this is a case where the buyer stated to their card issuer that they did not make or do not recognize the charge, you'll want to respond via the Resolution Center with one of the associated options, preferably with Proof of Postage or Proof of Delivery. 

That information will assist PayPal in responding to the card issuer and help us fight to keep your funds.  Ultimately, the decision is up to the credit card company, but we'll do our best to help you out with them.  By accepting your funds with PayPal, you're more likely to win these types of disputes than if you accepted credit cards on your own. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.