Fake Return Address

JMinistry
Contributor
Contributor

After a very lengthy dispute about some fake sunglasses I received, I finally got Paypal to offer a refund if I returned the item back to the seller. The funny part is that while the Paypal account wanted me to send the item to somewhere in Minnesota, the package itself came from China.

Anyways, I sent the item, paid for the postage and waited several days but come to find out the address doesn't exist and the item is now on its way back to me. Big surprise.

Am I still going to be able to get my money back? What do I do? This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hi JMinistry -

Sorry to hear of this happening. 😞 The good news with this is that, as long as the address you shipped it to was the address we provided in the email, you should be fine. It is the responsibility of the seller to provide us accurate return information and if they fail at that it's not your responsibility to try and track them down to get a refund.

The only thing I'd recommend is that, after they've made their way back to you, keep a hold of them for a bit in the event that the merchant realizes what's happened and wants their item shipped back to a more accurate address. You wouldn't technically have to do this, but we sure appreciate it if it happens.

Beyond that as long as tracking shows they attempted to deliver it to the right place you should be ok! 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.