Fake PayPal email alert- Fraud- Phishing

Beamer
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I'd like to warn all PayPal users. Today i have recieved email from fake paypal address (PayPal© <paypal@notifications-alert.com>). I wanted to make sure that my suspicious are real, i send that email to spoof@paypal.com. They replied very fast with confirmation of my suspicious. I put below content of a fake email address to aware all users, remember, do not click any links from potentially suspicious emails!:

We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (WORLD WIDE COURIER). 
In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the excess sum of 2,500.00 PLN to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction. And also that the shipper address is changed.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent viawww.westernunion.com.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office.

Transport Company: " WORLD WIDE COURIER "

Courier Details:          <removed>

Address Status:         Confirmed?

NOTE: Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. Should either be sent in JPG format or send type  details as.

(1) Sender's Name;

(2) Receiver's Name;

(3) Western Union Control Number (M.T.C.N);

(4) Amount Sent;

(5) Western Union Receipt.

You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the  
reply button in your e-Mail Box and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.

Copyright © 2015 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved..

PayPal Email ID PP1557

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or if the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.