Does Paypal protect Sellers?

buddhafett74
Contributor
Contributor

I got ripped off. I sold a Gift Card valued at $170.00. They paid with an Echeck and were verified. They tell me they needed the card for there nephews bday so I mail it to them. They cancel the Echeck. I call Paypal and they don't help. So I call Barnes and Noble. I give them the gift card number which I wrote down (luckily). At the moment my money was still on the gift card. I tell BN to cancel the card and give me a new one in the mail. They tell me not to worry that they would put the info on my account with them. And if anything happens they will take care of it. Well I check the balance today and it is $0!! I call BN and they trace the order off the card on 9/19. They bounce me around and even aknowledge that the notes on my account say they would assist me. Low and behold they wont so anything. They say go to the Police or tell me Paypal should pay me my money. I have a feeling Paypal wll not do anything so I put in the complaint anyway. Im mad at BN because they told me they would refund me the money and also they should have just canceled my card when I asked them to. Will Paypal help me? They seem only to help buyers.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi buddhafett74,

I'm so sorry to hear that your transaction went that way! 😞

When being paid by eCheck, it is vital not to deliver until the payment has cleared, for just the reason you encountered. It's much like receiving payment by paper check, with the same sort of risk.

I would definitely recommend reaching out to the buyer. There's always the chance that the eCheck was not intentionally canceled. If there was a funding problem with their bank, they may re-pay you in another transaction.

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

buddhafett74
Contributor
Contributor

I got ripped off! DON'T you think that I already tried contacting the seller? Great security job Paypal. I see you guys protect buyers but, when it comes to the sellers you don't do anything!!!! I mean the guy was verified!!!! So you **bleep** up and also Paypal should not allow echecks!!!!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your beef is with Barns & Nobel.  You told them to cancel the card and to reissue u a new one, which they said they would do, but didn't.

You need to get Barns & Nobel to pony up the money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.