Consistant Card charges? help

Caliginous
New Community Member

I keep getting card charges of exactly $30.00 on my debit card. these charges wont stop and i have gotten 2 each day for the past couple of days. they are all labled as either "RET CHG PAYPAL RETRY PYMT" or " RET CHG PAYPAL INST XFER." Its not me spending this money. How can i stop it and how can i get my money back?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How much money do you have avaiable in your bank account?

These look like charges because you don't have sufficient funds available for a withdrawal.

Do you have any purchases you made on PayPal to your checking account?

Do you have any recurring payments going to your PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Caliginous
New Community Member

I dont have any payments being made right now and i havent purchased anything in the past few weeks with my paypal. these charges only started on the 22nd.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you have any transactions showing in your PayPal activity list?

Did you check your PayPal subscriptions recently.

How much balance is in your checking account? This is a critical piece of information as I suspect the charges are equivalent of non-sufficient funds where PayPal is making repeated attempts to withdraw funds.

You need to look at all of yur PayPal transactions and subscriptions, not just purchases.

Do you have a PayPal debit card?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you do not find these transactions in your Paypal account-activities or history,then it could be someone pretending to be PAYpal submitting these charges ,hoping you think it is coming from Paypal.

See some of us use Paypal to buy many items in a month,when we get a monthly statement ,we see many charges start out with Paypal * seller name or Paypal xtranfer etc and figure these are all legit.

Call your bank and tell them you dont recognise these charges,and tell them to reverse it or give you more information on where it is coming from.

if it shows up on your cc statement,file a chargeback. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Caliginous wrote:

I keep getting card charges of exactly $30.00 on my debit card. these charges wont stop and i have gotten 2 each day for the past couple of days. they are all labled as either "RET CHG PAYPAL RETRY PYMT" or " RET CHG PAYPAL INST XFER." Its not me spending this money. How can i stop it and how can i get my money back?

RET CHG PAYPAL RETRY PYMT- what does it mean,it means it is resubmitting a charge? 

RET CHG PAYPAL INST XFER -means you were trying to transfer fund from PAYPAL to your bank account and it failed,so they are getting the money back from you.

Well,what is the original transaction,it is not referring what original transaction,did you try to transfer $30 from paypal account to bank account?

if you cannot find these transactions in your paypal history,then it is submitted by some fraudster.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am looking at my BANK OF AMERICA bank statement now,this account is linked to my Paypal account .

When I transfer fund from Paypal to this bank account,it shows up in my statement as follows-

date-

6/13/16

description-

Paypal  des:transfer ID:4AA229PA3EYGJ INDN:my ebay seller id          CO 

amount-

$1000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I use my bank fund to make payment thru Paypal,it shows up in my statement as follows-

date

5/13/16

description

Paypal web des:inst xfer ID:USPOSTALSER INDN:my ebay seller id       CO:ID PAYPAL5177

amount

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

compare these repetitive $30 charges with your other paypal activities in your bank statements,do they have ID: like those I show above.

I bet yours are fraudulennt charges,someone somehow got hold of your bank account and kept submitting these charges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.