Claims requiring your action

Dark_Evil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal I escalated a dispute to PayPal because I haven't received the item from a seller. PayPal contacted the seller and the seller replied with a tracking number. The biggest problem that this tracking number is not traceable for almost TWO WEEKS. The post website doesn't know anything about that number. Now the Resolution Centre says the claim requires my action, but I cannot find any way to add something to the case. PayPal says: "PayPal requests more information from the buyer to resolve the issue. If the buyer doesn't respond within the allotted timeframe, we close the case and restore funds to the rightful owner." The tracking number from the seller is in the claim, but what I should do next? The only two options are either close the claim or change your reason for this claim. Is that any third option - update with more info or something similar? Does PayPal check post websites for tracking information or no? If they just rely on the tracking number then it's useless. If they check the post website then it's clearly visible there is no such parcel.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone, and welcome! 🙂

The PayPal Community Help Forums are a venue for member to member assistance, and most posts will not be answered by a member of the staff.

Dark_Evil - If the number has been stagnant for a very long period of time, the best bet is to Contact PayPal to ask for a review. The claims process gives the tracking a reasonable amount of time to update, but we're certainly not going to make you wait forever if the tracking has stalled out. PayPal works hard to be fair to both parties.

Chino7385 - Thank you for coming back to share your resolution. I'm glad that's wrapped up for you! 🙂

ridgeleyart - The USPS often does not update delivery confirmation on the website until after the item has been delivered. In order to accomodate for that, resolutions must wait until a reasonable amount of time has passed without update to the tracking. When that time elapses, a representative checks the outcome and decides the case in the buyer's favor if the tracking is invalid.

I hope this helps!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Chino7385
Contributor
Contributor
Man I'm kind of on the same boat. My item was never shipped. Then in claims the seller posted a tracking number that has something being delivered in Texas. I live in California. I sure hope PayPal looks at that and that it's not my confirmed address or I'm out $745.
Login to Me Too

ridgleyart
Contributor
Contributor

Wish I had the answer, I'm in exactly the same spot.  The seller supplied a tracking number on his last day to respond, but according to the USPS the number can't be tracked.  Now the case says that it requires my attention, but no place for me to do anything.  It has been that way since Thursday, and my emails to paypal have just gotten me generic format letters with no answers.  How hard is it for them to plug the tracking number into USPS.com and realize that it's bogus.

Login to Me Too

Dark_Evil
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah ! We're all the same then. We need the answer from PayPal !

Login to Me Too

ridgleyart
Contributor
Contributor

Mine changed this morning from requiring attention to being reviewed by paypal.  Hopefully that is a good sign.

Login to Me Too

Chino7385
Contributor
Contributor
Hope you get a resolution soon. I'm still waiting and it **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

Dark_Evil
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, will PayPal never reply in here ?

Login to Me Too

Chino7385
Contributor
Contributor
^probably not. They never replied to my post. I did get a email today from paypal saying they ruled in my favor. So happy. Hope you guys get it taken care of soon.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone, and welcome! 🙂

The PayPal Community Help Forums are a venue for member to member assistance, and most posts will not be answered by a member of the staff.

Dark_Evil - If the number has been stagnant for a very long period of time, the best bet is to Contact PayPal to ask for a review. The claims process gives the tracking a reasonable amount of time to update, but we're certainly not going to make you wait forever if the tracking has stalled out. PayPal works hard to be fair to both parties.

Chino7385 - Thank you for coming back to share your resolution. I'm glad that's wrapped up for you! 🙂

ridgeleyart - The USPS often does not update delivery confirmation on the website until after the item has been delivered. In order to accomodate for that, resolutions must wait until a reasonable amount of time has passed without update to the tracking. When that time elapses, a representative checks the outcome and decides the case in the buyer's favor if the tracking is invalid.

I hope this helps!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Dark_Evil
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply ! So what should I do now to respond back ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.