Chargebacks

chipperyman573
Contributor
Contributor

Is there ANY WAY AT ALL to protect myself against people charging back on virutal transactions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Eligibility Requirements

• You must obtain proof of delivery that can be tracked online.
  • Seller Protection covers physical items only. Check that the item is eligible in the 'Transaction Details' in your PayPal account and in your confirmation email.
  • Eligible transactions between buyers and sellers in the UK, US and Canada qualify for Seller Protection. If you're selling on eBay, you can post to buyers in any of the 190 countries where PayPal is accepted and still be covered.
  • Only post to the buyer's address provided in the 'Transaction Details' and only accept payments in full from a single PayPal account.
  • If you deliver an item in person or post it in any other way that can't be tracked, you won't be covered.

Exclusions

The Seller Protection policy does not cover the sale of services, intangible or digital goods or prohibited items. For full details, please see our User Agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not really as their is no seller protection on paypal for virtual items.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

chipperyman573
Contributor
Contributor

Even with a buisness account? Because I have a buisness that sells virtual items...

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Eligibility Requirements

• You must obtain proof of delivery that can be tracked online.
  • Seller Protection covers physical items only. Check that the item is eligible in the 'Transaction Details' in your PayPal account and in your confirmation email.
  • Eligible transactions between buyers and sellers in the UK, US and Canada qualify for Seller Protection. If you're selling on eBay, you can post to buyers in any of the 190 countries where PayPal is accepted and still be covered.
  • Only post to the buyer's address provided in the 'Transaction Details' and only accept payments in full from a single PayPal account.
  • If you deliver an item in person or post it in any other way that can't be tracked, you won't be covered.

Exclusions

The Seller Protection policy does not cover the sale of services, intangible or digital goods or prohibited items. For full details, please see our User Agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.