Chargeback Case -Not under seller protection

JoeBro16
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got filed a chargeback in regards to a thousand dollar jacket I sold back in October.  Over 3 months later,  I got a chargeback from the buyers credit card (Feb 1st). 

I have provided paypal a USPS Priority tracking number, emails with the buyer, and attempts to contacting him. At this point, I am fully aware that he is avoiding me- I've seen his facebook and he's updated it since I tried contacting him through that (too).

The unfortunate thing is that he gifted the payment because I sold it on an online forum - And as a result, not under seller protection.

I never received an email from the buyer that he received the item and that he is satisfied with his purchase, nor have I spoken with him since I shipped the jacket. 

My question is does paypal or the CC take into account the time frame in between the chargeback and the payment? 3 months is quite a long time. Especially since he has not contacted me in regards to a missing jacket. To me it's rational that he should have received the jacket if he hasn't contacted me- I also saw a photo with him wearing the jacket on facebook.

Has anyone been in this same situation and worked to their favor? What did you provide?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even tell if the money that was just sent to me was gifted or not. 😞

I think many people get surprised with no seller protection, no wonder, give the complicated requirement.

The rule is that you have to send it to the address on the transaction page or no protection yet I just read one of the moderators advising someone to just arrange another address and ship it without saying that will cancel protection.

"If you have submitted a transaction with incorrect shipping information, I recommend contacting the merchant to see if they could offer assistance with updating the address information for the shipment.

Hope this helps!

Lilly"

I my case, the transaction page says "OK to ship" and only after some digging I found out that if I ship to that address I cancel my protection because it is some kind of forwarding service! Like I suppose to know that. What am I a detective?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.