Charge doesn't show in my history

Lilybiz
Contributor
Contributor

My bank was charged by PayPal for a small amount that doesn't show up in my PayPal history. How can I find out what this is? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

minty1
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Lilybiz. Click on details next to your transactions and see if this was a part payment for something
Login to Me Too

Lilybiz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, minty1.

The withdrawal was made from my bank account after the most recent transaction listed on my paypal account. All my listed paypal transactions are accounted for. The more recent one, withdrawn from my bank on May 14th, is not listed on paypal. I can't remember authorizing this amount but it's possible I'm mistaken. Should I give it more time or can you suggest something else?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Are u a member of Ebay could it be for fees or something u bought earlier? why I ask is because sometimes when u make a payment the money isnt taken for maybe 3/4 days nad maybe u forgot about it?

You could go to your bank and ask for advice if u think its unauthorised sooner rather than later

What description is given on your bank statement ie paypal payment or other?

Login to Me Too

Lilybiz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Minty1,

Paypa was able to solve my problem today and I wanted to let you know what happened, because you were kind enough to help me. It turned out I had a previous balance in my acount that I hadn't been aware of, so when the amount of the purchase showed up I didn't recognize it. It was my own confusion all along!

Thanks again for your help.

Lilybiz

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi

Glad u sorted it outSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.