Buyer immediately emails me and tells me his address has changed...

paulwekiva

I just sold an item on Ebay via Buy It Now (Paypal has put the money in my account) and the person I sold it to (zero feedback) sent me an email pretty quickly stating that his address has changed (along with the new address).  I told him that I can only send the item to a verified shipping address.  He responded that he had updated his address in Paypal but when I look at the transaction it still shows the same mailing address.

Some red flags are up so I am not ready to ship unless I can see the new (and confirmed) address in my Paypal "details" for the transaction.  The person has been a member for about 2 years but with zero feedback.

Does this address change happen immediately in the system?  Will my "details" section show an address change?  Is there a way for me to see the new address?

Is this a common scam?

Thanks for any and all help.  Paul

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Unfairpractices
Contributor
Contributor
It doesn't take long for you to cancel the sale and to have him buy it again and put in the right shipping address. That would ensure safety. Could be legit address change you won't know and hopefully won't ever know. Generally to qualify for seller protection you can change the address if he sends you the request via eBay messages. If he sends it from a random email not associated in the transaction to address change and you do, then your seller protection just went down to nothing. If you shipped to that address he could chargeback saying he never got the item and he never emailed you any change of address. It's better to be safe then sorry. Hope this helped
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.