Buyer Issued a refund and now Im screwed.

druid300
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal Community!

I was making a program (.exe) for a client i met on a different forum, we mainly communiticated over skype. He asked me to make a program and sent me $50 USD before completion of said 'product,' when I had finished, he said never mind, im not accepting it, I never was anyway. And after that he blocked me and removed all messages. And ontop of that he issued a chargeback. So now im out of $50 and in a major snafu. Anyway I can resolve this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but there is no seller protection for digital / virtual items on paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

druid300
Contributor
Contributor

But there has to be some form of protection. Because People can't go around recieving products and just charging back the funds they pay for it. This is kinda stupid of paypal

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There is also no buyer protection for intangable items.

OP, are you sure he filed a chargeback, or did he just file with Paypal.

If he just filed with paypal, just escalate it to a claim, and it will just close out  in your favor.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If he's out $50 then it must either have been already escalated to a claim or it was a chargeback either way the seller has lost out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

disco_y2k
Contributor
Contributor

not sure what forum you were using, but for example lets call it forum.com and call your nick on the forum 'nick'

use google

type in

"nick" site:forum.com

YES USE THE " "

by chance the posts may show up in results,but since they were deleted instead on clicking the google result move the mouse pointed to the right where you see the light grey arrows, a window will appear with a link "cache"

click on cache

IF the posts regarding your issue are in the cache you will then see the forum posts as they were when you made them, either do screen captures or print the screen to a file and that is your evidence

this IS NOT a 100% method, the forum may have blocks against google caching,but it is at least a chance...

if you sent  "PM".s to this person log into the forum and check your sent "PM"'s

good luck and hopethis helps

disco

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.