Bought Item from ebay 78 days ago, can not file dispute. What happened to 180 days protection?

Stefano1232
New Community Member

Hi, I bought an item from ebay about 78 days days ago (30th october) and I never received it . I was told to message the seller first before filing a dispute to see what was going on. I messaged the seller about 20 days after I had purchased the item. The seller replied and said he would contact The Post Office and see what was going on. I also was told it would take about 2 - 3 weeks for the seller to be contacted back by the Post office (AUS Post)

I was contacted by the seller yesterday (15/01/2015) and he said the post office told him the item had been lost. He said to file a dispute, and I tried to today but it will not let me. An error comes up saying the item can not be disputed.

I thought I had 180 days?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry, the 180 days Buyer protection policy didn't go into effect until Nov 18, 2014.  The seller may have known this and played it off --told you to try and file a dispute.

However if you paid by credit card, you can file a chargeback on the transaction with your credit card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.