Another chargeback victim.

Southwestern2K
Contributor
Contributor

I am simply amazed with this chargeback fraud which PayPal is 100% apart of. Curious how they split it up. I've noticed sellers "covered" under the Seller Protection Joke, still are found responsible even with a mountain of evidence to support their case. Well, I fell victim to it. I sold a camera recently, $ 3,000.00 and a few weeks later, the buyer posted a chargeback. Big surprise. Apparently I wasn't covered because I shipped the item to a different address than what was posted in the transaction details. The buyer told me he lived in RI, and said the camera was a gift for his daughter in Georgia, so I shipped it there. Well, camera is gone, PayPal withdrew imaginary money from my account cause I had a 0.00 balance (sort of like the treasury with imaginery money) and wants me to pay 3,000.00 lol so lose in total of $6,000.00 😠 I think not. After seeing sellers in the same situation as me, even being covered under that crappy Seller Program, I see I'm not alone. I will NEVER use eBay & PayPal ever again, close my accounts, there won't be 0.01 cent going towards this fraud. Unfortunately, the buyers financier will never side with sellers, so we're always screwed. 

What I've noticed: Buyers wait at least a few weeks or month to gain the positive feedback so that they can continue to scam more sellers. Once you leave feedback, that's it. Sellers, be careful leaving feedback! Even buyers with over 300 positive have been known chargeback scammers. And best of all, avoid using eBay. Looks like NO payment methods are secure. It went from fraudulent money orders/grams/checks and they got to PayPal. And PayPal is siding with them blowing steam saying their fighting for the sellers lol.. and it just happens that 95% of chargebacks go against the sellers EVEN when covered under their flimsy Seller Protection Program and sellers are all victims. From Power Sellers, to beginners, no one is safe from chargebacks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You didn't ship to the address provoded by Paypal so you lose.

To be covered all you would have had to do is tell the buyer to add his daughters address to his pyapl account. and ship with signature confirmation. 

Login to Me Too

Southwestern2K
Contributor
Contributor

Hahha unfortunately, I don't lose anything lol cause idc about it. And it must **bleep** for the COUNTLESS sellers who were covered under that crappy protection program, because they were found at fault too. So, in conclusion, with OR without seller protection playground, your still a victim. Why? Because even with all the evidence PowerSellers had on eBay, shipped to confirmed addresses, archived messages, and what not.. they still were victim because nor eBay or PayPal really fights for you. And ultimately, the decision comes down to the credit card company... and in the history of chargebacks, how many Credit Card companies went against their client, and chose some random seller? NEVER. Best thing is to move away from these services. Like me, I do not use them.

Login to Me Too

HeavenlySkies
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I definitely wouldn't have shipped to a different addresss because on the order page it shows the address that's covered by seller protection and anything outside of that is a risk that you are going to take but for that amount of money for a product they would have had to have it shipped to their address and then send it to their daughter on their own. Another thing you can do is to file a report against the member on ebay with the details of how they scammed you and then hopefully get their account closed.

Login to Me Too

FatihTR
Contributor
Contributor

"The buyer told me he lived in RI, and said the camera was a gift for his daughter in Georgia, so I shipped it there."

Do you have a proof like ebay messages screenshot or email etc.? Maybe you can use it.

Login to Me Too

Southwestern2K
Contributor
Contributor
I sure do. I sent a copy of it. Like I said though, it's not up to PayPal or their seller protection. It's up to the credit card company. And Paypals childish protection program is a little breadcrum against a credit card company. And in the end, credit card companies 99.99999% will never go against their own client. So unless PayPal takes the hit, which is the last thing they'll do, the seller gets nailed. With or without seller protection, sent to PayPal address or not, sellers lose from what I've seen
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.