Almost got Scammed from The Netherlands Address

almostfell4it

I was emailed about Doe Suede Doll Bodies, a large order a bit larger then other orders I have recieved. That was not the "RED FLAG" I took the order, then sent a quote for the bodies, and asked how many in each size, and what color's and the customer agreed to the price, but said nothing about the body information. I started making just the bodies minus the limbs to get a jump on things,(REDFLAG #1) I sent an email again about the information on the body type again, on the reply he asked for me to get a shipping quote from the shipping company he wanted to use(RED FLAG#2) "OXFORD SHIPPING" (THIS IS A REAL SHIPPING COMPANY) he gave me an email of the contact person that he has used before, so I did this for him then sent him the information, and  with again asking him to send me the body information I needed to make the bodies, and that he must pay the shipping himself. Again I got an email this time from a different person they said but the (RED FLAG #3)same email address with document with information of a credit card numbers and instructions telling me to make 2 transactions first one amount, when it is accepted then the balance, and to pay the shipping company.

I DID NOT MAKE ANY TRANSACTIONS ON THE CREDIT CARD AT ALL BECAUSE I WOULD NOT BE COVERED BY PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION BECAUSE THE PAYMENT WAS COMING FROM A DIFFERENT PERSON THEN THE ORDER WAS TO BE DELIVERED TO, PLUS FOR THE FACT HE WANTED ME TO PAY THE SHIPPER THE AMOUNT  THAT WAS QOUTED WHICH WAS MORE THEN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE, AND I WOULD NOT PAY FEES FOR ACCEPTING THE MONEY GOING TO THE SHIPPER. 

THIS PERSON CLAIMS TO BE IN "THE NETHERLANDS" AND IS USING A FONEY OXFORD SHIPPING EMAIL ADDRESS, BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCAM THAT I AM SURE HAS GONE TO MORE THEN MY WEBSITE TO MAKE AN ORDER.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.