Account has been limited, please help!

tdkiger97

I have recently made a PayPal account and received money through it,a couple days ago my account was limited and I have been tasked with Providing a photo ID, proof of address and proof of SSN.

I have no issue providing photo ID and proof of SSN, but proof of address I am unable to show in the ways that PayPal accepts, I am not the head of my household and my name appears on NONE of our bills. The only way I can show my address is through my photo ID which I attempted. 

If this is rejected as valid proof, how do I prove my address and unlock the money in my account? I have no other way to prove my address and my money is completely locked in an account that can't do anything.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could phone PayPal customer service to find out if there is another way.  PayPal will have the final decision on verification of your identity.  It's all about security and compliance with government regulations.

Is your bank account linked?

Did you link a credit card?

Login to Me Too

tdkiger97

I don't yet own a bank account, so I do not have a debit card to link to it and I don't use credit cards.

Login to Me Too

tdkiger97

I cannot send money, make purchases or do any of the things PayPal says my account can. Any attempt to buy anything online will result in the error "Paypal cannot complete your purchase, please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

Attempted to send money to someone via PayPal will result in an error saying something alone the lines of "This action cannot be completed at this time, please try again later. If this problem persists contact support."

My account status is at basic with a prepaid card linked, but I can't do anything PayPal says I can, I have not reached a limit to anything as I haven't even been able to use any money. My funds are on total lockdown with no explanation, no e-mail from PayPal, no message on my account, nothing.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to phone PayPal customer service for help.

But, without, adequate documentation to prove your identity you are not likey to be successful.

Login to Me Too

RAWHIDEROCKY
New Community Member

Phone Customer Service? 

Did that TWICE for the same problem, total of 44 minutes on the Phone.

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE that Customer Service Said They were doing?????

WHAT Has HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE???????????

CALLING ON THE PHONE, THAT'S THE ANSWER??????????????????

EMAILs sent only get canned answers, generated by a machine.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you call, don't make a selection on the phone tree and hold for an agent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.