11.5 Items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

"Items that are not shipped to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery."

I wonder how many people know about this?!

You ship it to the given address, it gets redirected, (I don't know how) and you lose the protection.

Who is redirecting it?! How would I have anything to do with that?! What am I a PI?!

How can this be reasonable part of the user agreement ?!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

I guess no one will take a crack at this?!

Lately I have been reading about re-routing the shipment, a service ups offers. I hope paypal is not referring to this, which would be under the control of the seller.

Login to Me Too

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

I will continue with a User Agreement question.

Who are the "Approved Shippers"?

16. Definitions.

"Approved Shipper" means a shipping provider offering services that meet PayPal's standards herein for Viewable Online Proof of Delivery, and Viewable Online Signature Confirmation. Approved Shippers include USPS (United States Postal Service), UPS (United Parcel Service), and FedEx. For additional Approved Shippers visit PayPal's online Security and Protection page."

I would like to see the additional approved shippers! Can anyone find them?!?!?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.