reload at the register

mthweatt
New Community Member

I'm trying to add cash to paypal at the register by printing  barcode as described on Money Pak website.  ( which tells me that money pak card is no longer for sale) - but when I log into paypal - and go to Money - this add cash at register with barcode option is not available - instead the y have money pak card which is supposedly obsolete. 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

divanrare4m
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the opposite problem. I was able to print the barcode. Took it to the store, Rite-Aid. Gave the funds, $500, plus the $3.95 fee. Was given a receipt. Here I am 3 days later, funds STILL not applied to my account. PayPal reps were clueless as to what I was speaking about the barcode. When I did speak with a gentleman that knew what I was talking about, he said I had a block on my account regarding addresses. Not really sure about that, but he supposedly removed the block. He was to connect me to the department to access my funds. Got to someone else that did not know anything about the barcode, only the card. I kept calling back, several reps later, a female told me that PayPal was having issues and my funds would show up within 24 hours. That was yesterday. Still nothing. Called again, still nothing. I finally decided to contact via email. I sent an email to PayPal outlining my situation. Now waiting for response. I also went back to the page where I printed the barcode and saw where I could give feedback to the At The Register site. Here they asked for the barcode number and the confirmation number, which I received in an email from the At the Register site after the transaction. Still have yet to receive anything from PayPal. As of today, no response, but I'm hopeful.

Login to Me Too

TDFAREV
New Community Member
Hey did you ever get that resolved? Im having the same issue.
Login to Me Too

CCBROOKINS
Contributor
Contributor
I'm also having the same problem. Loaded money yesterday at Rite Aid and it has still not been credited. Called customer service after several attempts and redirecting finally got generic answer that paypal was having problems and to check back later.
Login to Me Too

Naturallyb
Contributor
Contributor
You have to speak to a supervisor, have your receipt handy since PayPal reps have no clue to this ongoing issue. They will give u a # to fax your receipt. They will issue your money back to you in a check .... Unfortunately. Hope this helps #employee of a retailer
Login to Me Too

NorCal75
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me yetserday, when to CVS with a printed barcode, $450 gone. People at Paypal don't even know how their own products work. This is rediculous, I have not seen one person with this same problem have an outcome yet.

Login to Me Too

BirdB
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem!! I added money on yesterday with a generated barcode at Rite Aid, and the money is still not added to my account. I kept the receipt and went back to the store today. I was informed that the transaction was completed.  I have been on hold today repeatedly with paypal and getting frustrated. This has just become a big headache. I have used this service several times in the past without any problems but this experience has turned me off to the idea of ever using it again. Has anyone gotten any information on how to resolve this problem?

Login to Me Too

NorCal75
Contributor
Contributor

i'm calling tomorrow and will let everyone know if I get anywhere. This is just a lawsuit waiting to happen in my opinion, this money had a purpose and now it's tied up for who knows how long?!

Login to Me Too

leericks57
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me,I added money through rite aid to my Pay Pal acct. On the 6th of the month, I contacted Pay Pal and was told that there wasn't any transactions made to my account. Today I still don't know what happened to my money. Where do I go from here? I'll wait a few more days and see what happens. Any feedback?
Login to Me Too

Swell
New Community Member
The same thing happened to me a wwek and half ago. Loaded cash to PP acct @ the register, no cash on acct. PP transferred me all over the globe, no one knows. I uploaded the receipt x3 different times for x3 different supervisors, PP told me to call Rite Aid. Rite Aid calls Green dot. As per Rite Aid DMs, via email from Greendot, blocks were issued against my number. Not sure what any of this means, but I still dont have my cash. 10 days later!! And this is happening in 2017!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.