"Help" center is terrible

LuisVidkut
New Community Member

Useless "Help" line. A constant stream of prerecorded questions leading one nowhere.

So frustrating. Worse of all "it" hangs up on you without resolution.

Simply useless!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I wouldn't define it as useless, but rather frustrating.

Make sure you use a one-time passcode when you call so you can avoid some automation.  You need to be persistent, yet polite. If the agent isn't helpful, then re-phrase the question to make easier to comprehend.  If you can't reach the right agent, then call back again.  That's part of the frustration.  So, persist and try again.  More frustration, and persist again.

Eventually you can get help.

Login to Me Too

LuisVidkut
New Community Member

Never made it beyond the sutomated run-around in my two calls from overseas.

And why should I have to "persist" so much and struggle as if that should be the accepted norm from a "help" line?

Seems like I now live in that absurdist film "Brazil" - perhaps it's an odd reference - but your notion that I should persist seems like defeat to me. A well funded enterprise like PayPal should be able to afford actual people to address their customer's needs. 

Persist? WTF?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want help, you need to persist.  If you don't want help, then give up trying.

You can also just close your PayPal account.

Help center is what it is; you can't change it.

Login to Me Too

TempUN110317

I too cannot get help when I need it.  Paypal has forgotten they are a bank.  They have forgotten to take care of us as if we are loaning them our money....which we are.

nuff said

I am looking at Square Trade.  I am pretty much done now that they have the chip card and it doesn't work like the other card AND they just don't answer their phones. 

The Better Business Bureau needs to hear about this, right?  Sorry about the people who say "be the squeaky wheel"  perhaps they have money to burn and time to waste.  Most of us have real jobs and don't have time for the kind of crud we have to go through to give PayPal the privilege of borrowing our money!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.