paypal prepaid card

steve4272
New Community Member
Can you transfer money from your paypal account to your temporary paypal prepaid card or do you have to wait for the registered card
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The card must be activated and registered before it can be used.  I would also imagine, if you don't have your personalized card yet, you can't link it to your PayPal account to be able to transfer money to it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, you must wait until you get the actually card that has your name on it in order to transfer. Personally, I always recommend the PayPal Debit Card since you don't have to transfer the funds every time you want to use the card, and because it doesn't have a monthly fee like the PrePaid Card does.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@CCA_Sherrie wrote:

Yep, you must wait until you get the actually card that has your name on it in order to transfer. Personally, I always recommend the PayPal Debit Card since you don't have to transfer the funds every time you want to use the card, and because it doesn't have a monthly fee like the PrePaid Card does.

The Paypal prepaid debit card does more than the Paypal business debit card,you can transfer fund from your Paypal account,you can go to Bankcorp bank lobby and add more fund,it also pays interest on your saving,you can transfer fund from card to paypal account as well.

Folks who use it either dont have a bank account or do not want any activities to show up in their bank account,why do you think they pay $4.95 a month to use this card.

It also accepts direct deposits from the goverment.

I dont have one,but it appears many do.

Walmart has a similar card and it cost 3.95 a month,but not as efficient as the Paypal version if you want to link it to your Paypal account 

Login to Me Too

IGtheEngineer
New Community Member
Don't do it! I just got a PayPal Prepaid card and it is ridiculous. It charges a fee to send money on PayPal! If you have one, get used to losing 1.95 regularly. Everything you do costs 1.95. Won't be using this card for anything but scraping ice off the windows
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@IGtheEngineer wrote:
Don't do it! I just got a PayPal Prepaid card and it is ridiculous. It charges a fee to send money on PayPal! If you have one, get used to losing 1.95 regularly. Everything you do costs 1.95. Won't be using this card for anything but scraping ice off the windows

when did they start charging $1.95 ,there is a $4.95 fee per month,why charge more?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/account/terms/PayPalPrepaid-Cardholder-Agreement-103013.pdf

here is the fee schedule,YUCK,you pay $1.95 if you withdraw cash from ATM machine of a financial instituton

tips for avoiding such fee is to find an Allpoint Network ATM ?

read all about fees ! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.