pay pal account and credit card

nsibj125
New Community Member

I set up a pay pal account a while ago and added my personal credit card.  I originally only used pay pal for purchases and the credit card worked fine.  However, now i'm selling on ebay and other sites and my pay pal account is showing the money I've made in the account, but also showing the purchases with my credit card, so they are like debits and credits to the pay pal account.  it is not a pay pal only account and the credits should not be going against my personal credit card as it shows i have less money in the account due to the purchases with my personal credit card.  How do i resolve this so that credits are stand alone or credit my credit card will actually be credited, not the case now.  Not sure if i can even have pay pal provide my personal credit card with deposits.

Please advise.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

-when you use PAYPAL to make purchases,it would ask you where your money will come from-paypal fund,credit card or bank fund.

You can choose bank fund ,then your bank statement will have records of all your paypal purchases.

-we are allowed one personal account and one business account,may be you can do your personal purchases using your personal account and your business account to accept payments for what you sell.

Not sure if you can link your credit card with your personal Paypal account,check it out. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

it is not a pay pal only account and the credits should not be going against my personal credit card as it shows i have less money in the account due to the purchases with my personal credit card.  How do i resolve this so

-----------

if you are using your credit card to make purchases,it should not reduce your Paypal balance.

The credit card transaction is there to show you have made a credit card purchase thru Paypal,unless it did not go thru for whatever reason,then Paypal may turn around and debit your Paypal balance or bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.