pay after delivery refuses to work

lbs330
Contributor
Contributor

I received the email a couple months ago about PAD and followed the directions to activate it and set it as my preferred payment method. Everything looks as it should on my paypal account to use it but it has never given me the option during checkout to use it. I have attempted to use it for purchases on Victorias Secret and a few other websites that accept paypal. Can anyone give me suggestions so i may avoid calling paypal customer service if possible?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

dolldee
Contributor
Contributor

There is a known problem. Unfortunately Paypal thinks it is acceptable to have one of it's features not working for over a MONTH. It must be low-NO priority. However, if you want some response other than a stock employee. You can post your complaint on paypals facebook page. You can also e-mail the president of paypal . His name is <removed> . His office replied and I have a direct line to someone. They know there is a problem but just do not seem motivated to fix it. If more people complain, maybe it will help?

Login to Me Too

mattspatola
Contributor
Contributor

So basically Paypal is a bunch of liars. I called 3 times on it and was told 3 different things. First I was tod it was avaialble to me even though I was looking right at the screen and saw it wasn't. Then I was told it depends on the item. I replied any item I tried to buy on eBay would not allow me to pay using Pay After Delivery, even though I was using that metho dfor months with no problems. She told me it was a coincidence that every item 'worked' and now every item 'does not work'. Then I was told it depended onthe merchant. I went to the same eBay seller, same product, same listing and could not get Pay Afte Delivery as an option- even though I bought this item using that method a day earlier.  They have no idea about anything.

I asked to be transferred to someone who could help me and the rep said they were not allowed to transfer calls. They are the worst.

Login to Me Too

FalGuy
Contributor
Contributor

This just garbage. In order for my PAD to work, I have to call paypal each time. The rep does something to remove or reset the system flags and then it works. I have a list of PAD transactions where I had to call in order for it work. So do not let the reps tell you they can't fix it or can't transfer you. They can and they do it each time for me. Eventually, they will get tired of me calling them for each transaction I make and just fix it. And I make sure to record each call...for quality purposes.

Login to Me Too

Knight4444
Contributor
Contributor
Your situation is exactly like mine!!!! Their customer service staff has its script of nonsense loaded 24/7!!! My PAD option just stopped out of the blue!!!! I've been using it with success for over three years!!! Pretty much with all the same sellers but now out of the clear blue, all my seller just stopped accepting PAD!??????? I called two of them and they didn't stop anything!!!!! PAYPAL really needs to get their act together!!!! If you're going to provide a service!!!! Then support it!! You're a cooperation!!! Try acting professional!! Remember??? Corporations are PEOPLE!!!! Lmfao
Login to Me Too

mare0525
Contributor
Contributor

THIS IS WORTH THE READ. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PAYPAL, WAIT TILL YOU READ THIS!!!!!

So I'm back again. I have never been as disgusted as I am with PayPal as I am right at this moment. I have been a customer since PayPal opened.  We have literally NEVER had a problem with a payment being made.  First, we started having this problem of "Pay After Delivery" suddenly being gone. Then, after multiple phone calls over the course of three weeks, shortly after posting here, it was suddenly available as a payment option again.  Well, that was short lived.  

About ten days ago there was a "glitch" as PayPal keeps calling it and a charge for $2.99 for an eBay purchase to a Seller in China got caught in the system and they said that my bank kept sending back a "03" code wihich they say correlates to that bank account "not existing". ???? Now mind you, we have had and used this SAME bank account since we got PayPal. Nothing and I mean, nothing, has changed.  Interestingly, our bank DID NOT see any error and the transaction showed just fine as first being in "accounts hold" and then "paid".  The bank has said -- after talking to the assitant manager, their coding people, AND their accounting department that the error was on the PayPal end.  I have literally called PayPal almost every day now for 10 days. I have only had one actual representative who even wanted to help me and actually kept her word and called me back two days later. Since the, however, I have heard nothing.  Today, I called and got ransferred to three diffrrent departments and still got a bunch of BS that makes absolutely NO SENSE.  Now before I elaborate, since fixing the Pay After Delivery and this "glitch" I have not been able to transfer money out of PayPal to this same bank account.  It kept being returned with this so-called same "03" error code.  I finally had to transfer the money into my son's account (he is on our PayPal) and then he wrote me a check and I had to drive 10 miles into town to deposit the **bleep** money in my bank!!! Yes, that's right!! I had to go through this hoop to even get my money from the sales I had on ebay (to the tune of over $400 for two transactions).  This is the problem they are SUPPOSED to be resolving.  hahahahaha Yeah, that's hysterical.  

So now, I still don't know if that problem has been resolved because I don't have a balance to transfer out at the moment.  However, NOW all three of our bank accounts are unusable and inaccessible unless we want to use an ECHECK!!! No Pay After Delivery (again) either!!! So today, the third person I talked to tells me that because of "security" that he "can't over-ride" I am going to need to make some payments with echecks for awhile and that "should show the system that (my) bank is not a security issue". ???????????? Now since I knew this guy was full of it, I just let it go and hung up. But here is what gets me:

a.  I have begged to speak to a manager or someone that can actually look into this. It's a technical issue that my bank assures me is on PayPal's end (oh and Paypal finally admitted to that also). 

b.  Why the **bleep** would this affect all THREE bank accounts???? One is mine, one is my son's, and one is my husband's which is an entirely different bank!!!!????????? So all are now suddenly security risks????

c.  We have been told numerous things from we might need ot get a new checking account (unreal) to we  have too many "pay after deliveries" (yet when we had none they said the same thing).  

d.  No ONE -- and I mean NO ONE at Paypal cares if you have issues.  They only care apparently if you are bringing in big bucks through them.  They are simply worthless and if there were a better option for things like eBay, I'd dump PayPal as fast as I could!!!  

I have NO IDEA who or how to contact anyone at this point. All I get is BS.  The second person today actually told me to try a different browser and clear my cache. LOL  Now, this is after she sees my ticket and the notes in my account.  Oh and have I mentioned I have been a PayPal customer since they began???? I'm not an idiot and don't appreciate being treated like one either.  To top it off I hold degrees in Web Design and Computer Info Mgmt and I'm not computer illiterate.  The cache and the browser are NOT the problem.  

At this point, I am planning to contact the Better Business Burearu tomorrow morining. If PayPal won't help me, perhaps they can motivate them to at least make an effort.  This is a nightmare and ridiculous, especially when we have been great customers with no issues for well over 15 years.  I would expect more.  

I want all the capabilities re-enabled to my account that I have had for months. I'm sick of this. Transfers should go seemlessly to my bank account. They have for years and now suddenly don't.  I am BEYOND disgusted.

Login to Me Too

Ceedee11
Contributor
Contributor

Helpful post.  I will never, ever use PayPay now.

Login to Me Too

Tammytoun
New Community Member
Issue I have with Pay after delivery is I will have the option with a seller, i will purchase my items with pay after delivery I will receive my items and the pay after delivery amount will be deducted two weeks later. All is good...then I will go in and try to purchase something else from that same seller that I had the previous pay after delivery option and I no longer have the pay after delivery option why is that ?
Login to Me Too

ringoray
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too...sometimes it works for one seller. Then I log in later and it won't work for the same seller. Can anyone explain why ?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
What is Pay After Delivery?

With Pay After Delivery, buyers don’t have to pay until they receive the item and ensure it's what was expected. Only certain purchases offer Pay After Delivery as a payment method. If it’s available, buyers will see the option on the Review Your Information page during checkout. There is no fee to schedule a payment using Pay After Delivery.

When you use Pay After Delivery, we pay the seller right away, so there's no delay in sending you the item. We withdraw the payment from your bank account 14 days later.

You still have full coverage on your payments. If you don’t receive your item or the item isn’t what you expected, just let us know by reporting a problem in our Resolution Center. If you report the problem within 14 days of making your purchase, we’ll put your payment on hold and you won’t pay until the dispute is resolved.

Note:

• You need a confirmed bank linked to your PayPal account to use Pay After Delivery.
  • If there isn’t enough money in your bank account to complete your scheduled Pay After Delivery payment, we’ll use your backup payment method. We make two attempts to debit your bank account for a payment before we use your backup payment method.
  • If the Pay After Delivery option doesn’t appear during checkout, it’s not available to you yet. We are in the process making this feature available to more customers in the near future.
Did this help?
-------------------------
It has nothing to do with the seller,it has to do with you the buyer and certain merchandise which do not qualify for PAD
Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I had bought two items from ebay week before last using the pay after the delivery. And went back to buy from the same buyers. Now it is not there. I have been on paypal for a very long time and use the pay after the delivery. In which I have the funds in my bank to pay after the delivery of my items. 

I have called paypal 6x get 6 different answers.  Never not once did I have the problem. Now all of the sudden I do. I was told today that the option pay after delivery was never  preferred on my profile. This is not true. For I always had it. So I would like an honest and well thought out answer why this is not on my account anymore.  

I had looked on the classic site and it is there. But since the company keeps changing their pages, It might have deleted it, off of some profiles. 

Also i was told that it is an option. Well when I get ready to pay it is not an option. I was told that a bank needs to be connected to paypal. Like I said member for a very long time. I have tested over 50 merchants from ebay. And not once .. not once did the pay after delivery option showed. i was told the seller has to agree to it. Then I was told that it has nothing to do with the seller. Then what is it. I have been reading horror stories about the pay after delivery. And I am sad to say, I will no longer be using ebay because of this. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.