pay after delivery refuses to work

lbs330
Contributor
Contributor

I received the email a couple months ago about PAD and followed the directions to activate it and set it as my preferred payment method. Everything looks as it should on my paypal account to use it but it has never given me the option during checkout to use it. I have attempted to use it for purchases on Victorias Secret and a few other websites that accept paypal. Can anyone give me suggestions so i may avoid calling paypal customer service if possible?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Sitstaygroom
I have called and emailed multiple times and I have activated my pad option multiple times and have a confirmed bank account and it keeps defaulting back saying the pad is not on. So I click turn on and it will say on then go back in to look on account and it defaults back again saying not on. Frustrating. It worked for me last year then all off a sudden it stopped.
Login to Me Too

Dyanlyn
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using pay after delivery and it works just fine with ebay purchases for me.

My problem is that I want to pay before the 14 days are up, after I get the delivery, and the link to do this is on the details page, but it does not always work.  I click on it and nothing happens.

Please, do not reply and tell me PAD does not work, it does for me, but I want to pay while I have money in my bank account, in other words, why does it not take my freeking money????????????????????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I don't use PAD much prefer to fund my purchases with a credit card for extra protection but read this thread as there are some answers on it >>>

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/Pay-After-Delivery-Can-I-pay-PayPal-sooner/td...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TaraLou128
Contributor
Contributor
What sellers or online stores does it let you use it for??
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi TaraLou128,

If your transaction is eligible for Pay After Delivery (PAD), you will see this option listed on the 'review your information' page during checkout. Unfortunately, there is not a list of merchants or stores that allow the PAD option. Smiley Sad

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

RonRock
Contributor
Contributor

I want to use PAD on an Ebay item. The item is a Buy it now. How do I know if I can use PAD before I choose BIN? I want to know before I get to the checkout page. Or will I still have the option to cancel the BIN at the same point I see the PAD option?

Login to Me Too

" Unfortunately, there is not a list of merchants or stores that allow the PAD option."

That's because merchants and stores get paid immediately, so they have no input or care whatsever about PAD.  To clarify this, merchants and stores DO NOT "allow" or disallow PAD.

But it would sure be nice to know what transactions or items will quality, otherwise PAD is effectively useless.

Login to Me Too

bluepsycho
Contributor
Contributor

my pad isnt working either i get my account isnt able to be used at moment had this for over a week and paypal say there is nothing wrong anyone got any idea whats going on it was perfect over a week ago

Login to Me Too

Dena-I

It won't work for me either. I am a long time business account holder (since 2002) and have been using PAD for over a year. Suddenly in the past month it won't work for any transaction, including the several wholesale vendors I've been using it with for the past year. I have called them 10 times and been lied to 3 or 4 times now about how it will be fixed on such and such day.  I actually have an open 'Ticket' with their tech department that has been open for 2 weeks now.

There is no resolution and the last time I spoke with them on the phone, Friday Nov 7, 2014,  the guy said it was a low Priority for them. Basically I do not matter despite the thousands I pay them each year.

I wrote them an email November 9 and explained it was very frustrating and they are impacting my business greatly with this issue and here is the lame response:

We understand your frustration.  We are working towards resolution for your issue.  We do not have an ETA for when this will be resolved or a workaround established.  Our apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thank You,

Ken

PayPal Business Support

Basically, we do not matter and we just need to shut up and go away and leave them alone. Something mysterious is going on with Paypal and I guess we will only find out what it is after the fact.  This 'it only works for some transactions' is a cop out to make us all shut up about it. In reality, it isn't working for ANY transactions...at least not for me, and not for the sellers I've used it with for over a year now...both on eBay and off. 

Login to Me Too

FalGuy
Contributor
Contributor

PAD is simply broken and they aren't making any moves to resolve it. As far as the CS-girl's explanation above, stating there isn't a list of retailers etc that accept PAD, that's a complete lie. The retailers/ebay sellers do not know what PP option you are using and they get paid instantly regardless. The system uses 'flags' when purchases are attempted. The flags calculate risk and the issue is, the system is flagging every purchase attempt regardless of account standings.

As far as something mysterious happenings PP, given the current, complete lack of customer suport and service, broken apps and options and outright canned lies about this, I wouldn't be surprised if was now owned by <removed>.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.