pay after delivery refuses to work

lbs330
Contributor
Contributor

I received the email a couple months ago about PAD and followed the directions to activate it and set it as my preferred payment method. Everything looks as it should on my paypal account to use it but it has never given me the option during checkout to use it. I have attempted to use it for purchases on Victorias Secret and a few other websites that accept paypal. Can anyone give me suggestions so i may avoid calling paypal customer service if possible?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

JBOSMOOTH
Contributor
Contributor
Whats the point in offering this option if nothing qualifies and what exactly is supposed to qualify?
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this is a member to member help group, we can't speak for PayPal's Policies other than point out what is explained in the User Agreement concerning PAD. 

3.15 Pay After Delivery ("PAD"). The Pay After Delivery payment option allows qualifying buyers to purchase eligible items and wait up to 14 days to pay for them. The PAD payment option is only available for eligible purchases under $10,000.00 and is not available to all buyers. In order to use PAD, qualifying buyers must have a valid checking or other qualifying account at a bank which is linked to their PayPal Account and identified as their primary bank account from which funding transfers may be withdrawn; if there is no valid linked bank account then PAD will not be available, even if the qualifying buyer has used PAD before. Where a buyer and item purchased are eligible for PAD, which shall be determined in PayPal's sole discretion, buyer may choose the PAD payment option at the time of purchase.

Login to Me Too

tightwad
Contributor
Contributor

Who determines if an item is eligible for PAD? Is it the seller?  Or, is it Paypal?  I understand that it encourages us to spend more and thus paypal makes money, but why offer this when as a customer you cannot depend upon it to be in effect.  You have to commit to buy and wait for the surprise.

Login to Me Too

brighteyes714
Contributor
Contributor
No one has seemed to be able to answer the question as to what merchants accept this.I have not found one that does.why send us this option in the email if its no good.PayPal seems to be more trouble than it's worth.I use square and can instantly transfer money to my bank account.PayPal requires us to have that debit card of theirs and I have to pay a fee of 7.95 a month.I just don't see the whole purpose or benefits of it.real pain in the butt.customer service reps barely speak English.don't get it..
Login to Me Too

ShaneSparks
New Community Member

The worst part is that paypal claims they will pay for it first. if that is the case, then why are there no companies that support it? yea i get it, someone might argue the point that the companies that agree to do this woulf have to agree to a Chargeback program. most companies or small businesse might not like that. But the whole thing is this service, Pay After Delivery, is for the buyers protection. its for the consumer to look at the product and make sure that its real and all the right things. So eitherway, weither i had PAD or not i would have disputed the transaction anyways and sent the product back. If this was a real buyers protection then paypal would make this PAD a must in every Paypal transaction. this way it would make it easier on the paypal customer to not worry about contacting their bank to file a dispute.

if you agree share this info directly with Paypal.

Shane Sparks

Login to Me Too

UntoldBadman
At least paypal lets you guys set it up everytime i set up and issue the direct debit approval it comes back up sayingbto verify and asks me to set up the **bleep** PAD again everytime so i wont even have the option to use it even if it was available on a purchase this makes me angry. Joke of a feature when it doesnt even work for anyone especially as it cant even be set up well in my case. D
Login to Me Too

vince_alan

I am having the same problem. I have used pad for over a year and never had any issues. I tried to use it tonight and was unable. I  thought it was just that seller on ebay so i chose a different seller with no luck. I called and got no answer as to why it was not working and was told everything looked ok as far as my account. While on the phone with PayPal I tried to purchase the same item from the same seller I used it with the last time and still couldn't use it. Is there a computer issue with PayPal tonight? I just don't understand how 2 days ago I bought some stuff using pad and was unable to purchase the same items from the same seller tonight.

Login to Me Too

SapphireStorm
Contributor
Contributor

Did this issue with PAD ever get resolved for you? I am having the same problem. After using PAD for at least 2 years, I now can't use it at all. I've spoken to several people at paypal who tell me everything is fine with my account, nothing is wrong and always give me the same speach that not all merchants allow PAD. I finally spoke with a manager who told me that because I use a VPN to hide my IP to protect from hackers, Paypal is lumping me in with criminals who hide their IP for illegal reasons. The only option he gave me was to manually use PAD over the phone with customer service. How emabarrasing and inconvenient is that? It's rediculous! I've been with Paypal for over 16 years and they are treating me like a criminal when I've done nothing wrong. 

Login to Me Too

DaddyMonster7
New Community Member
I know you posted this a few years ago and might never see this but I am having the exact same problem. I've been using PAD for about 2 years with no problems at all. Two days ago I bought a few things like normal and then today nothing allows me to use PAD and I have no idea why.
Login to Me Too

scallaway03
New Community Member
Ok. So what items qualify for the PAD option. I've used this several times....now all of a sudden it no longer works. I was looking at buying halloween costumes for my kids a d these aren't qualified items either. So what is?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.