pay after delivery refuses to work

lbs330
Contributor
Contributor

I received the email a couple months ago about PAD and followed the directions to activate it and set it as my preferred payment method. Everything looks as it should on my paypal account to use it but it has never given me the option during checkout to use it. I have attempted to use it for purchases on Victorias Secret and a few other websites that accept paypal. Can anyone give me suggestions so i may avoid calling paypal customer service if possible?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi lbs330,

I would be happy to assist you with your question today.

Pay After Delivery (PAD) is a payment option that allows qualified buyers to purchase eligible items and wait up to 14 days to pay for them.

Please note that not every purchase will allow Pay After Delivery (PAD) as a payment option. When PAD is available for a purchase, you will see it listed as an option in your 'review your information' section during checkout. In order to use PAD, you would need to have a valid, confirmed bank account linked to your PayPal account. If you do not, you will not be given the option of using PAD at checkout.

I hope this information has helped!

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Dyanlyn
Contributor
Contributor

.............or pay after delivery.

I try to go in and pay using the link on the detail page and nothing happens.

Sometimes it works, but mostly it does nothing.

I would like to know what, if anything, I am doing wrong.

Thank you for your help,

Dyanlyn

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its not available for every transaction and you can only use it when it is offered. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dyanlyn
Contributor
Contributor

It was offered and it is working but I want to pay before the 14 days, but when I go to the details page to pay early, the link there "to pay now" does not work.............that is my problem...........it works but won't let me pay earlier than 14 days..............why and can we fix this please.

Login to Me Too

mrkevin61
Contributor
Contributor
What seller's, accept PAD (pay after delivery ) on eBay I haven't came cross any. Thanks
Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

Hello you are not doing anything wrong. 

Funny how I was getting ready to buy something off of Ebay and went to my PP account and I had PAD then when I went back to my PP just to make sure of the price all of the sudden it wasn't there. Literally 5 mins had lapse not there. So I called them, they need to stop with the tinkering of the PAD option. Either they are going to make it available to the good customers or not. I was also told that there are some security issues with the seller. Don't believe that one either. So I was able to do one and only one PAD transaction, Just to see and that one went through. When I went back to see if any other ones that I put in my watch list were PAD. None.. absolutely none are accepting PAD (strange)

Login to Me Too

lbs330
Contributor
Contributor
I'm dealing with the same issue. I received the email to activate PAD, changed it as my preferred payment method, and everything is correct on my Paypal. My account is verified and I've had it for years. However, not one time have I been given the option to use it from numerous companies as Victoria Secret, Toys R Us, and several others. Why bother sending me the email to activate the service if I'm never given the option to use it?
Login to Me Too

Ceedee11
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah.  Same thing here.  I understand now that "not every merchant offers this" option, but, who does?  I've tried many times but no one offers this option.

Login to Me Too

lbs330
Contributor
Contributor
My bank account is linked, confirmed, and my Paypal account is verified. I have had my Paypal for several years as well. As I previously stated, I responded to the email to activate PAD, set it as my preferred payment method, and have never been given the option to use it with numerous transactions through various companies. Why offer a service and have me activate it if I'm never given the option to use it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.