bank transfer taking several days (still pending)

CLeeman
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings everyone:

My bank transfer used to be in my bank account the next day now its still pending and its been 3 days, not a huge deal but was expecting it to been there the very next day and im currently broke. I called my bank and they have no info about the deposit yet (that was before i realized it was still pending in paypal).

I did move recently and updated my address (at my bank and this is a new paypal account) my bank account is verified (had to type in deposit amounts that paypal sent me thing). Im still using the same bank as when my bank transfers appeared at my bank in less than 24 hours.

Is this because I changed my address or is this normal with new paypal accounts? Will it eventually go back to how it was (taking less than 24 hours) Normally i would of waited at least 7 days to post about this but as I said before im broke, like cant buy food broke, so thats why I ask. Thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most transfers ACH takes 3-5 days.

why do you open a new account,what happens to the old account?

we are allowed one business and one personal account ,unless you move o a different country.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLeeman

Why do you have a new paypal account?

Did you close the other one and if you did then did you remove that bank account from it before you closed it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most transfers ACH takes 3-5 days.

why do you open a new account,what happens to the old account?

we are allowed one business and one personal account ,unless you move o a different country.

Login to Me Too

CLeeman
Contributor
Contributor

Couldnt remember the old one (ill search my email and try to find the login info) and that is no longer true you can have more than one associated to the same bank account because of spouses, family ,etc to use at least that's what i read and I've done it in the past temporarily because i didnt use an account for a long time, then forgot i had it, started another one with same bank and still worked including bank transfers until i could delete the one i was no longer using.

Regardless, 3-5 days answers my question and thats what I figured but wasn't sure because i was used to happening the next day.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLeeman

You are allowed more than one bank account on a paypal account.

But you are not allowed more than one paypal account unless x1 is personal and the other business.

If you have 2 of the same type you risk limitation unless you have closed the other one.

Also from paypals help pages  >>>

You can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pbeshara
Hi... This doesn't add up. If I deposit the funds I want transferred into my girlfriend's bank and then send her a paypal request for the money and she pays it I get the funds in my paypal account instantly. So why does it take so long when I transfer the funds directly???
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal uses the slowest but free ACH transfer,3-5 days.

The fastest is same day,but thats not what Paypal uses .

Login to Me Too

Maverick707

It is because Pay Pal mistook the word "instant" for "taking as long as humanly possible and making your life annoying for the fun of it all",  but seriously it doesn't make sense,  my funds have been on hold and I needed that money yesterday, at this point the standard non instant 2-3 day option would be faster, pay pal get your act together

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Every now and then someone claims they get their money transferred the  next day while the majority have to wait 3-5 days.

I think if your bank is a major money centered bank like BAC,WFC,JPM,there is a better chance you will get it faster.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

Depends what country they are in really.

A lot of UK posters post on the US forum and vice versa.

In the UK when i withdraw funds its in my account within 10 minutes normally even though paypal state 2-24 hours in our country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.