Working Capital Error 641-Pending Paypal balance

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor

I have had 2 working capital loans since 2014. Both paid off in under a year. I paid my most recient one off on December 19th and reapplied on the 19th, I was declined due to error 641 which is because of a pending balance on my acoount. The pending balance is $7.98 (since end of November). I have contacted paypal at least 10 times and the only answer I am giving is there is a known bug and they are working to resolve it. You can not be approved for working capital if you have a pending balance.  Is anyone else having this priblem?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor

Did they get you any updates there?

Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email yesterday from the woman I spoke with on Friday Thank you for contacting PayPal Business Support. My name is Elissa and I spoke with you on Friday, 1/27/17 re: the issue with the "phantom" payment hold causing you to not be eligible for approval for a PayPal Working Capital Loan. I apologize that I didn't get a chance to reach out to you via phone, however I still wanted to let you know that I hadn't forgotten about you and this concern, as I know it is of high importance in your situation. I'm so sorry that this issue is still happening! In terms of an update, unfortunately our technicians are still working on a fix to be implemented into our system. This is taking longer than expected, but please know that this issue has been escalated to the highest possible engineers and they are actively working on this every single day. I know that doesn't solve your issue, but I did want to make sure to follow up with you even though the update wasn't quite what we had hoped for. I will continue to follow up with your account/this issue until it is resolved, so I will check your account daily and I will reach out to you as soon as I hear anything at all.
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor

Ahhh typical paypal.... Thanks for the update 🙂

Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor
Still not working here.
Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
It's not resolved on my end either. I spoke With 4 different people yesterday. The pending balance is showing on my account again so I am thinking some charge was made. When did you first apply?
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor
3 days after I paid my last one off. So roughly the end of December.
Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
I received this email last week. I just called into Paypal's automated system and it still says there is a pending balance so I am assuming the bug has not been fixed. I will call again as soon as they open. Thank you for contacting PayPal Business Support. My name is Elissa and I spoke with you on 1/27/17 re: ticket ID the issue that is preventing you from being approved for the working capital loan program due to the phantom "payment hold" on file. I finally do have an update as of today, 2/08/17. There is a final fix in place that is set to be pushed live on February 14th, which is this next Tuesday. These fixes can be pushed at any point during that date, but are most often pushed in the evenings to minimize any possible impact on our customers/live site. I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this issue for such a long time, and I apologize that the fix is still going to take a bit of time. However, I did want you to be as up to date as possible with the latest information I could provide to you, so that you are at least aware of when this will be resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us at any point in time for any issues or concerns you might have. We are definitely here to help in any way that we can. If
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor

Mines changed from error 641 to 643 now!

Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
I just applied again and still got 641. What is 643
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor

I've got absolutely no idea 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.