Working Capital Error 641-Pending Paypal balance

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor

I have had 2 working capital loans since 2014. Both paid off in under a year. I paid my most recient one off on December 19th and reapplied on the 19th, I was declined due to error 641 which is because of a pending balance on my acoount. The pending balance is $7.98 (since end of November). I have contacted paypal at least 10 times and the only answer I am giving is there is a known bug and they are working to resolve it. You can not be approved for working capital if you have a pending balance.  Is anyone else having this priblem?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

customsmiths
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we are having the same too, but maybe its because we havent allowed the 3 days to pass yet

Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
My pending balance cleared sometime early wednesday morning. I applied again Wednesday, Thursday Friday and just not and I am still being declined for the same reason. I am hoping on Monday it will be resolved. Have you been approved yet?
Login to Me Too

joe723
Contributor
Contributor

Jessica - Did you ever get it to work?

Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet, still working on it. Paypal removed the hold but I was still being declined for the same reason. I spoke with working capital yesterday and they said that Paypal didn't actually remove the hold, they just moved it to another. I am still waiting to hear back. Were you having the same issue?
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have the same error, reference error 641! Is this what causes it? Ive sucesfully repaid 3x previous loans.

Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. A hold on the account causes that error. I have been working working with Paypal and working capital almost every day. The assure me it is a known issue and it's is being addressed daily. I would contact Paypal to make them aware your account is effected.
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor
Ok we will do that, and can you keep us updated how you get on?
Login to Me Too

jessica151
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, the last person I spoke with on Friday promised me an update call htomorrow norning.
Login to Me Too

Obd2uk
Contributor
Contributor

Nice one let us know what they say. I worked for paypal many years ago, and I know how slow things can be behind the scenes, and also how frustrating too!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.