Working Capital - 2nd Loan - No help from PP

ThinkLions

I took out a working capital loan in May, which was aweseome. Recieved $2500 that helped me quickly grow my business. Managed to get it all paid off within a few months (by mid-September). Knowing I could lean on PayPal WC again once the first loan was settled, I began putting together and even larger marketing plan. To my dismay, when I re-applied. I was denied!!! The denial said "You are linked to another account that is in bad standing." Had no idea what they were talking about, so I called PayPal. They sent my case to an analyst and told me they'd call me the next day..... which they did.

She said, "Our analysts noted that you likely got rejected because your revenues dropped in August and September, and because one of your accounts is in bad standing." My reply was, "Hmm thats interesting because my revenue never dropped and I've never had a negative remark on either of my accounts." She said, "Let me check..... hmm you're right... well they have a note to just keep trying and eventually it will likely go through.." Basically, they just called me to try to satisfy the rejection with some made up answers....

Has anyone had this issue? What did you do to resolve it and get approved?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

may be they pull a credit report on you? 

Login to Me Too

DarrenD

I'm in the same boat, I even made efforts to make payments above the minimal daily precentage they take and to no avail I was denied. I really needed to get this new loan, seems to me they aren't being very fair, as the decisions are made by a computer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.