Why I am not able to pay using PayPal Credit

cambry9804
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for 3 weeks now to use the PayPal Credit.  I was approved for a large amount and only trying to use a small portion of it to pay an invoice.  I was told by Customer Service everything is fine but it will not let me us it.  Has anyone else had this same issue?  A friend suggested I use to be able to get 6 month 0% interest because my purcase is over 99.  Any suggestions?  I am new to PayPal so didn't know if this is the problem as well.

Thanks,

William

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are a lot of security and risk considerations for each purchase.  Just because you have a set limit doesn't mean it will always be available for all purchases.  It's not like the limit on a credit card.

Not all merchants accept PayPal Credit; it isn't available for all types of purchases.

PayPal seems to want the user to establish a record of small purchases AND reliable payments before allowing major purchases.

PayPal will evaluate risk based on your current creditworthiness score (over 750 would be good), your available credit with all credit cards, your income, your financial situation, and whatever else might be meaningful to risk management.

When all factors come together in you favor you will be offered PayPal Credit at time of purchase.

Login to Me Too

StevenDorfman
Contributor
Contributor

how do we know if a merchant acepts paypal credit? is there a list of merchants that will accept it?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You will only know if it is avaialble when you attempt to make a purchase.

There is no list of merchants.

Even if a merchant does accept PayPal Credit it doesn't mean PayPal will offer it at time of purchase.

Login to Me Too

maavalos1961
Contributor
Contributor

i am having the same exact problem, ive been trying to pay an invoice or make a purchase on ebay and i cant use paypal credit... my friend made the purchase on ebay for me and she was able to use it but i cant... why is that!!!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your friend may have different financial credentials.

Login to Me Too

Paul_Banyai
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Credit died in 2016Smiley Sad

Until this year, I frequently used BillMeLater/Paypal Credit since 2010. I have not been able successfully process a single Paypal Credit purchase since the end of 2015. Paypal Credit still shows up as available when it is in fact not possible to actually use it at any website. We need someone to contact the creators of BillMeLater and tell them Paypal has dropped the ball (probably due to the split with Ebay) and we need them to bring their service back in some form.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.