What is the best way to go about increasing your Paypal Credit limit?

ReMu
New Community Member

Good day,

First off, I know there are a lot of posts about this, but the one thing I'm seeing from all of the posts is that, if you try to buy something over your limit, you might get an increase - in my case, that doesn't work, so I'd like to know the best way to increase it since that's not an option. The product I'm trying to buy is just about 500 USD over my limit - I just signed up for Paypal Credit about four days ago, and was given a limit of 1000 USD. Honestly, the reason that I got Paypal Credit in the first place was to buy this specific product, but I'm 500 short. When I try to buy it to see if Paypal will increase my limit, I get this: 

"Sorry, but we couldn't complete your purchase using the payment method you selected. You can complete your purchase with the payment method shown, or choose another way to pay."

I assume that is them denying my increase. So, since I can't get a 500 increase that way, how should I go about fixing that denial? That is, what can I do to make them more susceptible to giving me that increase? Should I just go and buy something around 100 dollars, and then wait a week and pay that, and then see if they are willing to give me an increase? I'd greatly appreciate any assistance on the matter, as I'm new to this.

Much obliged, and have a good remainder of your day!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Anything you can do with your personal fiancial situation to increase your credit rating is good.  A stellar credit rating can help, so focus on your finances.

You also need to build a low risk history with PayPal Credit; this will take time.  Always purchase below your credit limit and pay off on time.

Look at your other finances.  Have you ever had a late payment for bills or loans?

What about disputes with your PayPal account?

PayPal Credit will look at all risk factors and present appropriate payment options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.