What is My Cash Error Code 203 ?

MyCashNotWrking
New Community Member

What does the 203 mean?

When I call the number, a robot tells me to go back to the website.

Do I have to write them a letter?  

If they cannot provide a service, it should not be offered.   With no lame excuse, It feels like paypal robbed me.

thanks people,

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

JStathis
Contributor
Contributor

I just had this issue myself with 2 cards purchased at CVS. Both were for 500 and both had error 203, the rep I spoke with said its a batch of bad cards at the sellers location. Pain in the butt since I needed the money for an immediate purchase today and now I have to wait a week for the issue to be resolved. He claimed to have noted it as *expidite* but I've yet to even get a confirmation that they opened the email I sent in hours ago. 

And same as others, called, got a ticket #, send in pics of cards, reciept, and DL then wait........

This is definitly a service I will not be using EVER again, Cannot get a refund from the seller and paypal takes a week to fix the issue. Glad this wasn't an extreme emergency that I needed the money ASAP.

Login to Me Too

ntibbe
New Community Member

Hi everyone:

I just had the same problem. You call the number stated on the error page but press 0# when they ask you to enter your card number. It takes 2 or 3 times, don't do it any more other wise the phone will hang up on you. It will say to speak to a representative press 1. Once you press 1 you will finally get someone on the phone. They will create a ticket number for you and get all your information. They had me take a picture of the front and back of the card and a picture of the gift card receipt. You can then email or fax those images. You do need to call them first so that a ticket is created. They will ask for your address, phone number, email, name and DOB. You will also be asked for the store name, store ID number, store phone number and address. The store ID number is generally 4 or 5 digits and at the top near the stores address. Oh they also ask the purchase date. The gift card reciept doesn't contain the store address, phone number or store ID number so you need the original receipt or to google the store and get their phone number and address and call to get the store ID number. If it is a gift to you from someone then you need to ask them what store location they got it from. They told me the ticket should be processed in 3 to 5 days.

I do think they should change the options on their customer service number. Add an option for error codes or problems loading your card. Hopefully they will read this post and take my advise lol.

Login to Me Too

hienz1

this issue is being talked about in the following forum page -

/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal/Paypal-my-cash-error-code-203/td-p/1013835/page/19

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Om_
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone take 10 minutes to submit a government claim.

http://www.bbb.org/council/

www.paypal.com. Corporate Headquarters. 2211 North First Street San Jose, California 95131. Worldwide Operations.

Login to Me Too

Om_
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone worring about the 203 error problem and freaking out about it, the same thing happened to me, but my issue was resolved within 24 hours. I called promptly within 15 minutes of purchase (so no hacking issue with me) I called the number from the error page and gave the person my name address and number and also information from my receipt and the number from the MyCash card then had to take a photo of my id the receipt and mycashcard. Then next day receive an email from (email address removed) letting me know I could input my information again and it should work.

i personally suspect the 203 error may be from the store which your purchased putting a stop on the payment (for whatever reason). Judging from the email (email address removed) this is some sort of fraud counter measure which is being intentionally implented I personally won't be dealing with this **bleep** again,but if anyone needs to use this service I would recommend generating a barcode directly on your mobile phone through PayPal.com.

just wanted to allay fears and give advice. (Don.'t deal with them, but if you have to, generate your own barcode on Paypal's website don't be the physical PayPal incom card)

Login to Me Too

pcgeek99
Contributor
Contributor

listen guys and girls,if your having this happen to you go to your Brower and use your INCOGNITO  WINDOW .Do every thing from there and you wont have a problem.......

Login to Me Too

pcgeek99
Contributor
Contributor
The cookies on your browser prevent you from loading up the PayPal from PayPal cash card that is the error 203!!!!!! Either clean out the cookies on the browser or go incognito and loaded up from there simply put thatsome IT!
Login to Me Too

pcgeek99
Contributor
Contributor
The cookies on your browser prevent you from loading up the PayPal from PayPal cash card that is the error 203!!!!!! Either clean out the cookies on the browser or go incognito and loaded up from there simply put thats IT!
Login to Me Too

JStathis
Contributor
Contributor
That is in fact incorrect, I've tried different browser, different laptop, from my phone and from my tablet. All different browsers and cleared the cookies and the cache.
Login to Me Too

pcgeek99
Contributor
Contributor
When I use Google I go incognito mode and it works for me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.