What happened?

RobertKarl44
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a personal PayPal account since the Sun was a candle. I was recently told that I had to convert it to a business account. I have no business, and when insisted that I enter a business name I entered "I have No Business!" as my business name.

My question is, am I no longer able to have and fill a PERSONAL PayPal account? When I attempt to refill my account, up pops a screen that asks me for the name of my BUSINESS! I consider continuing this charade, but it the current environment, I do not want to violate any legal statutes that I am not aware of by "lying" about my alleged business.

It's simple. I just want to refill my personal account. Period. I do not WANT a business account. How do I do this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we are allowed two accounts-business and personal,each have a different email address to log into Paypal.

with the Justice Dept breathing on its back,it is not a good idea t o give a company name called I have no business.

someday Paypal may have to ask you for company documents and how are y ou going to produce a company called I have no business?

log off and launch another browser after 1/ 2 hour and see what happens?

so do you have 2 accounts now? 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For some reasons,PAYPAL wants long time members to convert from personal to business.

there is really not that much difference between the two,one advantage I can think of is the PAYPAL business debit card,which taps your paypal fund and backed by your bank fund,you can use it to withdraw cash from ATM and ifyou go shopping with it AS A CREDIT CARD,paypal wil give you 1% cash rebate,but lately this card is being declined in many places,??

Login to Me Too

RobertKarl44
Contributor
Contributor

I do not want an ATM or debit card. I only want the old school internet Pay Pal serivce. Personal, not business.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@RobertKarl44

About an ATM or debit card, it is not automatic with a business account.  I have a PayPal business account and NO PayPal cards of any type.  I would not use such cards.  I only use regular bank credit crds.  A business account works like a regular acocunt except that it can do more, presumably.

As for the business name, just use your personal name as that is a typical name for a sole proprietorship business.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

@RobertKarl44

About an ATM or debit card, it is not automatic with a business account.  I have a PayPal business account and NO PayPal cards of any type.  I would not use such cards.  I only use regular bank credit crds.  A business account works like a regular acocunt except that it can do more, presumably.

As for the business name, just use your personal name as that is a typical name for a sole proprietorship business.

true,not everyone qualifies or cares for a Paypal business debit card,but it is a fast way of getting fund out of your Paypal account via the ATM.

Or some of us go shopping with it,I earn 1 1/2% cash rebate because I am an old timer,late comers get 1% .

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I get 1-4% rewards on credit cards and I never need quick money from PayPal; I just transfer to checking account for safekeeping until I use it.   Unless a real emerency I would not use an ATM to get money even from a checking account (I think I did once in the last 15 years); I don't even go to a bank to deposit a check as I do it online from my tablet.

Login to Me Too

RobertKarl44
Contributor
Contributor

So, yes, it appears that I must have another account under a separate email address, but the only way to access that account is to verify a new password by receiving a telephone call to a telephone number that I have not had for five years +/-.

How can I get a new password on this account so that I can change the telephone number to the number on my other account?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you will have to call Paypal.

Did you try to log on with your old password?

Login to Me Too

RobertKarl44
Contributor
Contributor

One more time. I could not log in because I forgot the password. I could not reset password because I changed my phone number. I know it's my fault, but isn't there a way that I do not have to just walk away from whatever funds (under $100) remains in old account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.