[Update] CVS 24 hour delay activating "My Cash" cards

auggy
Contributor
Contributor

Today around 8:30am est, I go to my local CVS to purchase a My Cash Card like I have dozens of times before.  I hand the man $304 dollars and the card. He gives me my 5 cents, the card and my receipt. Only this time he says "Cards may take up to 24 hours to activate" and this is also now printed on the receipt.  Normally at this point I would get in my car and load my account. Not this time..  I'm presented with

PIN NOT ACTIVATED: The PIN number provided has not been activated at retail. Please call 1-855-721-5035 to speak to Customer Service.

My Cash Error Code = 4005

Now at 4pm est I'm still getting the same message. The last four digits of the longer card number are on the receipt, so I know it went into the register at least.  I guess all I can do is wait until tomorrow. 

Is this a new policy? If so wouldn't it be best to print it on the card and maybe drop the wording "Load instantly"? 

UPDATE:

It has been well over 24 hours and I called CVS they blame Paypal / Incomm then I call Incomm and they blame CVS. Called CVS again and they still blame Incomm. Finally Incomm writes up a troubleshooting ticket,  has me email over my receipt and now I have to wait another 72 hours.. So much of "Instantly Loading." I have a time sensitive payment that needs to go through tomorrow and I guess that isn't going to happen. 

Remember kids:  Be safe SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! Or even better don't use Paypal cards.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

accessel
New Community Member

the same exact thing is happening to me right now. Im so **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

ameliasb
New Community Member

Did you get this resolved? I am getting the same error. 

Login to Me Too

TheJK
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any luck? I'm having the same issue. I really really hope that I didn't just waste $100 on nothing...

Login to Me Too

MarquisJ
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get it resolved
Login to Me Too

MarquisJ
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone ever get the account loaded or money back after receiving error code 4005
Login to Me Too

J80baby
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't yet and I purchased mine 3 hrs ago... So far I have called #, they put in a ticket and I emailed incomm a copy of my DL, Receipt and front/back of My Cash Card. I will update when/if anything changes. Good luck! Luckily I used my debit card...so I will dispute transaction if I need to.
Login to Me Too

J80baby
Contributor
Contributor
So I purchased my card at around 10pm last night and by 12:30 pm today my pin worked online and I was able to load my account. I'm not sure if it's because of my dispute or because of a delay in processing since I have not gotten an email or phone call back yet in response...but either way the pin worked. I would recommend filing a dispute right away if you experience this error 4005. I took pictures with my phone and emailed it to them within an hour of purchasing the card. Hope this helps and gives you some relief.
Login to Me Too

MarquisJ
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I purchased mines at 9pm and after reading your message I tried my pin again and IT WORKED! Im so glad but still will never use paypal again after this. Im glad I got my money though. Thank you
Login to Me Too

taliagirl38
New Community Member

I am HIGHLY **bleep** at this moment. It has been over 4hours since I have bought this card and still coming up with the My Cash Error code 4005! I put $100 on this card so I can do business in the morning and now that is in jepordey! This is crazy! I was on hold for 40mins before I got to someone and they said that all of the accounts are down to check back in 2-4hrs that it's a tech issue. It's going on 5hrs now and nothing! Be waiting on hold now for 50 more mins and still nobody answering the phone!! This is crazy! I'm not buying this service anymore. I would rather get a green-dot card. At least they go through within 30mins or less and does not put you through such hassle just to redeem! This is so inconvenient I don't have the words for it right now! 

If any IT is reading this please get this straighten out, we have lives to get on with. If I loose this job over now having these funds available, then this will be the very last time I use the PayPal Cash service. 

Now they are saying that I have to wait 3 days in order for them to put a ticket in! If I don't get this resolved tonight I swear somebody is getting sued! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.