Unable to perform the PayPal instant transfer

Bciacciarelli
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to perform the PayPal instant transfer, if you continue having issues please call customer service.

I have been getting this same error message for over a month whenever I try to transfer money to my prepaid MasterCard. It's very frustrating. I have called PayPal and the prepaid customer service numbers 2-3times per week since sept 30. . Nobody knows how to fix this issue. The call always ends with "we will escalate this issue as high priority and you will get a call back within 1-2 business days." Nobody ever calls me back. I'm at a loss. Has anybody has this issue??

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Based on commentary it seems wise to just avoid these cards and use traditional payment services and methods.

Login to Me Too

ADennis

Yes there is a fix guys!! After trying to move money from my PayPal Balance to my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard for weeks now with no sucess, I finally figured out how to do it. You have to go to the website and not through the App. So go to Paypal-prepaid.com and login. Do NOT click anything in the left pane where the drop downs are, just stay on your main page or click "history dashboard". From there, look at your name. Directly below it, you will see options for "money in, money out, pending, and fees." To the right of that you will see the PayPal sign with your paypal balance. Directly to the right of that there is an option for "Transfer from PayPal". Click that and go through with the transfer. It worked! It doesn't make sense why it would work from here and not by going to "move money" but it worked for me!! I have been stuck trying to figure this out for weeks! What a mess! Thank you to the poster here who suggested trying this. Anyone who is having issues please try this method! 

Login to Me Too

emmab123

Nope, still didn't work for me.

Login to Me Too

CROVVNED
New Community Member

**** I FOUND THE SOLUTION FINALLY!!!!! THE SYSTEM IS GLITCHING OUT SO WHAT YOU UAVE TO DO IS. GLITCH IT AGAIN. 1. OPEN PAYPAL PREPAID ON YOUR PHONE. 2. OPEN PAYPAL PREPAID ON A COMPUTER OR PHONE 3. LOG IN TO BOTH ON THE 2 DIFFERENT DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME. 4. GO TO TRANSFER FUNDS ON BOTH. 5. ENTER SAME AMOUNT YOU WANT TO TRANSFER ON BOTH. 6. HIT TRANSFER FUNDS ON BOTH DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME. 7. THAT'S IT. YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE ON ONE DEVICE AND THE OTHER EILL SAY TRANSFERRED YESSSS **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Sarah261
I tried all the things everyone said try and nothing worked for me...
Login to Me Too

Steven1012
New Community Member

Sad, still no work for me. I just want to transfer money to my Card from PayPal and keep getting the same issue. Sad..

Login to Me Too

Dracyn
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. I was able to transfer money from paypal to the card mere days ago but now I get the same message. Attempts to contact customer service was met with a claim that it is being sent to their Escalation Team and that I would hear back within 2 business days. So far, nothing. I really need to be able to get my money to, you know, survive. 

Login to Me Too

Abilotta
Havi ng the same problem, customer service is incompetent. She told me maybe it would work in 48 hrs, or maybe I need to try another option. She was the 9th person I spoke to.
Login to Me Too

Lisa665
Contributor
Contributor
Me too buddy
Login to Me Too

iHateJimbo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting this purely for informational purposes.

This problem gave me a headache for 4 days in a row before I fixed it. (Yes, I ) Not PayPal.

I had made probably 20 instant transfers with NO PROBLEM at all and one day out of nowhere, it gave me the error.  

I was transferred in circles between PayPal and the card holder for the prepaid cards (NetSpend). 

I spoke to a total of 10 different representatives from BOTH companies and not ONE had an answer for me.

The problem comes from the permissions that PayPal grants the prepaid card. These permissions include the ability to view your PayPal balance and the ability to transfer money from your PayPal balance to your prepaid account. 

Here is a step by step instruction of what you need to do to fix this error.

1. Login to your PAYPAL account. Not the prepaid card account.

2.Click the profile button in the upper right hand corner of the page. ( It's right next to the little settings gear symbol)

That should open a tab. Click your name.

3. On the left side of the page there is a tab labeled "My settings tools". Click that.

4. Now some new options should pop up in the middle of the page. You're going to look for the one that says "Manage API Access" 

click the "update" button

5. You'll be taken to a new page. You're going to find and click "Add or edit API permissions"

6. On the mparmentier_api1.netspend.com drop down menu, youre going to select " Remove third party"

This will remove the permissions granted by PayPal to the prepaid card.

At this point you're done with your actual PayPal account.

7. Go back to prepaid-paypal.com and log back in.  

8. Select the instant transfer option. Once you do this you will receive instruction from the site to re-enable permissions. (You've already done this if you activated your card.) 

9. Enable permission to view balance

10. Enable permission to transfer balance

Now go back and attempt your instant transfer again. It SHOULD work . This was the only thing that worked for me. As I previously stated, I had to figure this out on my own. Every customer service representative that I spoke to had no clue how to fix this problem. They kept giving me ridiculous troubleshooting tips like "Have you tried to log out and then log back in?". Hopefully someone will see this and it will save them the MASSIVE HEADACHE that it caused me.

Cheers everyone

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.