Unable to access wallet page through desktop machine

And the contact PayPal option errors out as well.

I'm trying to add a new credit card to my wallet but I can't even get to my wallet because I get an error message that paypal.com tried to redirect me too many times.

This has happened with Windows 7 Home using Chrome and Firefox.

And when I tried to contact PayPal support using the contact function, it errored out as well.

So, does anyone here have any insights?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

One more thing - I already cleared my cookies and FireFox is a fresh install.

Login to Me Too

FranklinBell
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing is happening to me. (Current Chrome, cleared all data, Win8.1; TWC SP)

Login to Me Too

FranklinBell
Contributor
Contributor

Other things that could be relevant:

- The currently linked bank account has been closed (weeks ago).

- Just before logging in, I had added a MasterCard account through an emailed invoice link. (I was not able to update what was now an obsolete mailing address, however, so I had to log in to the website.)

Login to Me Too

swechsler
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal about this issue on Friday, October. 14. They told me that a bug report had already been raised (they confirmed that the problem is on their end). Fat lot of good that does me, especially since as of today they still haven't fixed it.

I'm still waiting for them to give me back the ability to choose the account to use when you send a refund to a customer (if you have more than one bank account registered). This has been an issue since they took away our access to the classic site.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you considered sending refund as personal payment?  Maybe it'll let you choose the bank account to use that way.  Just add a note along as to what the refund is for.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

swechsler
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you can do that (and it was suggested by PayPal's customer support) but then you don't get a refund of the fees.

Login to Me Too

anastasiadoran
New Community Member

I would like to add I am experinceing this issue as well.

When I click on "Wallet" nothing happens, all I see in the web browser status bar is: "Waiting for www.payapl.com..." 

If I wait several minutes I get:

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference #1.5d863451.1493370414.5881ef0

I have tried mulitple computers (PC, Mac, Ubuntu) and multiple smartphones and tablets (iPad, iPhone, Android). I have also tried diffferent internet connections (Home, Mobile, Work, Starbucks, etc.)

Has anyone had this issues resolved for them by PayPal yet?

This is having a huge impact on me because I can not add and confirm a new bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.