(URGENT) ITEMS NOT RECEIVED AND SELLER ASKS FOR MORE MONEY ((NO TRACKING, NO INSURANCE))

hellopello123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I feel like I'm in a big trouble. I'm about to lose 830 dollars because of the seller. I opened up a dispute 12 hours ago and escalated to a claim. 

In January 14, 2017, I paid $830.00 for three Chrome Hearts rings from this guy living in Canada. 

Even though I told him OVER AND OVER again that I need a tracking number and an insurance, he DID NOT add neither tracking number nor insurance on my items. Now, it has been 15 days the items are not here yet (Even longer than what Canada Post - a supposed carrier of my items - said on its website. It was clear that I wasn't going to receive this item, so I contacted the seller and told him there must be a problem with his shipment. 

However, he degraded me to a scammer and told me paypal can't do anything about it because the money was already in his bank account under his parents name.

I informed him the policy in Paypal and told him he could get into big trouble if he was going to solve an issue that way. He looked definitely scared and told me to not to tell their parents. He at the end admitted that the package is probably lost and he made a mistake.

I immediately asked for a refund but he told me only thing he could do it to give me an expensive Chrome hearts bracelet only if I SENT HIM 500 MORE DOLLARS. Of course I was aware of the danger of making another transaction like this, so I refused. I couldn't seem to make him refund my money even though he admitted that he messed up and everything was his fault. 

Dear Paypal forum, can I get a payback for such an obvious "ITEMS NOT RECEIVED" case like this? Please help, I've never had this before in paypal transaction. I have screenshotted the messages he sent me, so I have an obvious proof of all this. 

Thank you for stopping by and reading this, 

Thank you all 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

Of course, but as long as you sent the payment via goods and services and NOT through friends and family. If you used friends and family to pay your payment, then PayPal will not be able to assist you as they do not cover personal payments, you would need to contact your financial insitution at that point.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why are you wasting time with the seller?

The seller, not the buyer, decides whether or not to purchase insurance and tracking.

The seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer's address in a timely manner, with proof of delivery to the address.

No more discussusions with buyer as you are apparently, not familiar with protections and procedures by PayPal.  The seller is taking advantage of your lack of knowledge about PayPal polcies.

Assuming you paid by goods/services, you have PayPal buyer protection.  Just file a dispute for item not received and then escalate to a claim as soon as possible.  No more contact with buyer.  At the appropriate time PayPal will refund for non-delivery and take the money from the seller.

On the other hand, if you paid by friends/family, well, then will have learned an expensive lesson as the money was a gift with no expectation of goods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.