Travel with Paypal Debit/Credit card

Sonny12
New Community Member

Hi, I am a Canadian going on vacation to the U.S. and was wondering if I would have to notify Paypal on my travel plans in order to use my Debit/Credit card in the US. I ask this because with my regular bank and credit cards they put travel notifications on the account so no red flags are raised when I use them while on Vacation. Thanks in advance for the help.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Sonny12,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, it's always best to let us know if you're going to be out and about beyond your usual area.  That way we not only know in advance and can help prevent issues, but if you do have them, it will be appropriately noted. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your vacation!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

suzirice1979
Contributor
Contributor

And how do go about doing that?

Login to Me Too

Libertas
New Community Member

Paypal tells us to do this but doesn't tell us HOW.

This annoys me to no end. I've spent an hour looking, I've tried to call but the numbers are no good either.

PUT a link up and make it easy.

Login to Me Too

allen5910
Contributor
Contributor

How do you notify paypal debit card about travel.  The directions you put online are all dead ends and then you give no additional information.  I have been on this site for an hour and can not find a way to notify you.  

Login to Me Too

DRHKnight

It would help to get some answers here. 

Login to Me Too

enuffistoomuch
New Community Member

there is a contact number under "contact" on the paypal mastercard website. That would more than likely be the best way to  call, not to mention there is a number on the back of your card.  Should give you all the info you need.  

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hmm, looks like they removed the travel plans section from the Security page in account profile settings in the new site.

Try this instead:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

My Settings > Travel Plans

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bigwes
New Community Member

Kudos that this link works from @sharpiemarker.  This page says to call PayPal, so best advice seems to be call the number on your card.

Login to Me Too

Holly_Day
New Community Member

I have no idea how you found that link, @sharpiemarker but thank you. It worked like a charm!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.