Tracking number/Order number invalid?

Spooka
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried many ways to see if I can get any updates on my item I bought, and all I can right now is either try further for any sort of tracking or just give up and hopelessly wait to see if what I bought even comes in my mail. Help?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spooka

You have up to 180 days on paypal to open a dispute for ''item not received'' via the ''resolve a problem'' link lower left  of your paypal summary page.

Once the dispute is opened DO NOT CLOSE IT until you get a cleared refund or your item, whatever the seller tells you. If a seller refunds you then that automatically closes it so don't let a seller tell you that you have to close it first.

But if you don't get the item or a cleared refund you MUST escalate the dispute to a claim before it reaches 20 days since you opened it. Once escalated paypal will review and if the seller cannot provide a tracking number that proves DELIVERY of the item to you then you should get your refund (if you win a claim and the seller does not refund you then paypal will under buyer protection).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

not all sellers use and provide tracking to their buyers.

but seller should respond to buyer email in regards to an order.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

many sites or sellers rely on dropshipping,they dont have the merchandise ,they take your money and place an order with the dropshipper and rely on them to ship to you,you would be surprised how many do this,many buyers received their shipment from AMZN or China.

They cant give you a tracking as they dont have it,or they are still trying to find the item or their dropshipper or supplier ran out of stock,or simply they cant fill the order.

so know who you are buying from.

Login to Me Too

Spooka
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks all for the help. I found out why, and It's just a case of me being impatient. I know who I am buying from and the item I got is definitely being shipped. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.