Total Confusion and Stress=PayPal Credit

TheJourney1
Contributor
Contributor

One of the moderators wrote: "You can pay your PayPal credit account with funds from your PayPal balance or from a checking account." I thought I WAS using my  PayPal balance as I merrily shopped away on eBay. Then I checked my balance, knowing I had gone a few (like, $10) over and it would show up on PayPay credit and my other balance would be zero. Oh, no--I had $32.79 available and a credit balance due of $36.34. Why wouldn't PayPal use the $32 toward the $36 and give me a balance of about four bucks? Every dollar counts here! I intended to spend what I had earned with PayPal sales money and although I went slightly over, this is a scam to get me to spend more of that earned money, maybe, and pay a credit bill! So how do I pay with funds from my balance, PayPay? And I thought you did that automatically? What a racket. You tell us what to do and it's total confusion figuring out how to do it. LET ME KNOW. Then I'll be checking out how to get out of this whole PayPal mess. Life will go on!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

how many items did you merrily purchase on Ebay,WHAT IS THE amount per item?

Could it be Paypal credit will not accept part credit and part paypal fund?

it must be the whole ENCHILLADA !

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have PayPal Credit, PayPal cards, or eCheck selected as your Preferred Payment Method in your Account Profile, it will be used to fund your PayPal payments first, even if you have a Balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If your PayPal Credit account is linked to your PayPal account, you can use your balance to make payment through your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

(1)  You said, "One of the moderators wrote: 'You can pay your PayPal credit account with funds from your PayPal balance or from a checking account.'" 

To me, this says when you are paying your PayPal CREDIT balance, you can pay (by) using your PayPal balance, or (by using) your bank account.

What the moderator said was not talking about paying for goods while you are shopping; the moderator was referring to (paying) your PP Credit balance -- the amount that accumulated in your PP Credit account while shopping.

(2)  You said, "I thought I WAS using my  PayPal balance as I merrily shopped away on eBay". 

Go to your PayPal Credit account.  Click on the Settings icon (top right).  On the next screen, click on the "Payments" tab (on the blue banner).

There, select your In-store and Online payment preferences.  (Your purchases on eBay may have been charged to your PP Credit account because your Preference for online shopping is PayPal Credit ("checked").) 

Note that one of the options on this page is "Choose a Payment Method at Checkout".  If you choose/check this, you will have to choose "Pay with PayPal Balance" while you are shopping/checking out (each time you are checking out), IF the option is presented at Checkout and IF that's how you want to pay.  (I believe that's the way it goes -- I've never used that setting before.)

(3)  As for being a Scam...  Well, figuring out how PayPal works -- with all of its many options -- takes some doing.  So, take a deep breath and relax.

It seems to me, your solution is an easy one, here.

Now that you have a $36.34 CREDIT balance, open your PP Credit account and, in the left column (or, anywhere else you see it), click on "Make a Payment".  I think when the screen changes, you have to select "Make a Payment" again.

Then, you get a pop-up with three questions:

----  How much do you want to pay?  [A menu opens and displays (as I recall) the Minimum Payment, the full Balance owed, and "Another Amount".  Choose which ever you want.  If you choose "Another Amount", it will give you a place to type in that amount.] 

----  How do you want to pay?  [A menu opens and you can choose "with PayPal Balance $32.79", OR "your Bank Account ##".  Choose PP Balance, in this case.]

----  When do you want to pay?  [A calendar opens up and you click on the date you want the money to taken from the source you selected.]

Then, you click "OK", I think.

Then, your selections re-display for your confirmation.  Check the info and click the "Pay $..." button and then "Done".

This will leave you with a Credit account balance of $3.55 (if there no other charges to your account).  [$36.34 - $32.79 = $3.55]

You'll be taken back to your Account Summary or Statement.

At this point, you can (if you want), click "Make a Payment" again and pay off the balance, $3.55, using your bank account, by going through the same process above, OR you can leave that balance until your next statement is issued.  {Make sure each month you make the Minimum Payment Due.). 

Your concern seems to be with the order (or way) in which your transactions were paid.  That is, you expected your PP balance to be used first, but everything was paid by PP Credit.  So, now, just pay your PP Credit Balance with your PP Balance.  It's easy. 

(Depending on what "Payment Preferences" you chose (as described above), your future purchases will default to that method.  You can change your Preferences at any time.)

Breathe.  Relax.  Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.