Today I got approved for paypal credit and later I got denied for credit card application. Help?

BamDeafPie
Contributor
Contributor

Today in afternoon I applied for paypal credit and got approved instant. I was excited and already had plans to make monthly payment to pay off the balance. I bought some items from Newegg and they already confirmed the charge. They are in processing shipping items. Few hours later after confirmed charge from Newegg. I got a email from Paypal that they deined my Paypal credit application. I am totally lost with this. I don't understand why would they approve my paypal credit then later deny it, and even after I bought items using paypal credit? I am seriously scared of being sued or whatever they will do now that they suddenly decide to deny my credit. I need a insights please. I am not sure what to do! I am freaking out now. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BamDeafPie
Contributor
Contributor

UPdate: I contacted newegg support and found out there is no issue with confirmed order. So I am not sure what PayPal are trying to pull around here. But if no one else have knowledge for this issue. I can wait till opening hour for me to make a paypal support call. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit does a quick review for an application and then scrutinizes each purchase.

In my opinion, it's better to NOT apply for PPC as the offer will present itself to qualified buyers when appropriate, even whithout an application.

Login to Me Too

Gomezjmz_
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, do you have an update on this situation; I’m going through the same issue; 2 days ago I applied and got approved instantly $400 credit balance , I instantly made some purchases on “ poshmark” and “sunglasses spot” they confirmed payments, I had 180$ balance left; but yesterday in the night while trying to make another purchase I got rejected, I went to my PayPal account and my available credit was $0.00 !!!! I GOT an email this morning but I didn’t understand one bit ; it just said PayPal credit application denied
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.