Thinking of getting pay-pal now terminal and app.

KWCS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

just looking at possible alternatives for CC payments and quite like the look of the Pay-pal Now option.

I run a Computer repair shop and spend my time between my shop and doing home visits / repairs etc.

My question is can you attach more than 1 Andriod device to the terminal??

my thoughts are to connect it to my Sony Xperia Xa phone when I'm out doing house calls, and using a tablet when I'm in the shop.

i realise it probaly can be done, but just checking with you guys first.

Also - Ive seen a few negative comments on this forum, so again m- want to get a consensus of opinion on the pro's and con's BEFORE I commit.

thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no PayPal Here TERMINAL.  Each PayPal HERE reader works from a smartphone/tablet device.  I don't think you can have multiple card readers connected to a single smartphone/tablet.

Perhaps best if you review the options with PayPal Here as presented on the PayPal web site and then explain what you want to achieve in the context of that information.

I've been using PayPal Here for a couple years and with the bluetooth reader AND printer.

You can also phone PayPal customer service and ask for the PayPal Here technicians.  They can help.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I use PayPal Here; I'm not familiar with a PayPal Now terminal.

Login to Me Too

KWCS
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry  yes  Pay-pal HERE -  thats what I meant.  (told you this was new to me :-))

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no PayPal Here TERMINAL.  Each PayPal HERE reader works from a smartphone/tablet device.  I don't think you can have multiple card readers connected to a single smartphone/tablet.

Perhaps best if you review the options with PayPal Here as presented on the PayPal web site and then explain what you want to achieve in the context of that information.

I've been using PayPal Here for a couple years and with the bluetooth reader AND printer.

You can also phone PayPal customer service and ask for the PayPal Here technicians.  They can help.

Login to Me Too

KWCS
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply, appreciate your advice. So if I want a card reader in the shop (attached /paired to a tablet), I would need a second card reader for when I'm out on home visits etc. My thought /plan was to keep the card reader in the shop most of the time, but have the option to take it out with me and attach it to my phone for house calls / drop offs etc.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The bluetooth reader can be connected to different devices of the same account, but not at the same time.  I've used it with my Android phone and also with my Android tablet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.