Terrible experience with PayPal credit

Kathbradfish
Contributor
Contributor
So three weeks ago I decided to try out PayPal Credit as an easy way to keep track of transactions, with an eye on using it for my non-profit. This has been the worst experience of my life. Very few Customer Service Reps go off script "our security is "protecting you" and therefore your purchase was declined (27 times including 20 that they requested I try while they are onthe phone) switch browsers (I did twice) check with your credit card company (made me look stupid as they pointed out if I can use it everywhere else it is obviously a PayPal issue) Check address to make sure they are the same (they are) delete account (did this twice) "Ma'am this works for me, so if you want to say your account isn't providing the survice promised (that it will work?) that is on you" "PayPal decides on a transaction by transaction basis whether you can make the purchase" )HUH??? PayPal decides if I can use my account or not (including on the sites they recommended???). That last one is against the law btw. So here is what I've learned : "Is it accurate to say that PayPal may unpredictably blocklegitimate transactions at any time with no explanation as to why" The answer was "Yes, we block a huge number of transactions every day and it is out policy not to explain why." The problem isn't with credit, your browser. PayPal's system is not broken. This is their POLICY. and it is not for your protection", PayPal is clearly willing to inconvenience youbMOST of the time in order to protect THEMSELVES from the risk. Making this a TERRIBLE product, the question then becomes does it actually violate Consumer Protection Law through its algorithm. I for one want to find out
Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Kathbradfish
Contributor
Contributor
This is my 3rd account that I have had to open. Twice after going through every other possible solution, I was told to unlink credit and close the account. The first account I linked my Mastercard to (and after linking credit couldn't use the card either) 2nd account, I deliberately didn't link my card and was told I needed to do so, so I linked VISA to it and it immediately triggered a security issue so I again could use neither my card or the credit. Yes we confirmed that the address was the same, name etc. and yes both cards have healthy available balances.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I guess with 3 accounts and cards linked and unlinked there would eventualy be security risk alerts.  It would seem wise for PayPal Credit not be be available when there are security risk issues.

Login to Me Too

Kathbradfish
Contributor
Contributor
Are you just here to irritate ? Or does PayPal pay you? Try and follow me here. Singned up for an account, WITH A MAJOR CREDIT CARD and it worked fine, linked PayPal Credit. Tried to use PayPal credit, was rejected. Tried to use my card WAS REJECTED (card has plenty of available credit) tried to use my card again WAS UNABLE TO DO SO. Spoke with PayPal 15 TIMES verified my ID used a different browser, spoke with my credit card company. Tried to override, finally after ESCALATION PayPal advised me to close the account and open a new one and NOT LINK A CARD until after Credit was linked and send. So I linked Credit, Didn't work, went through verification process, 5 calls later THEY asked me to link a different card than on the first account. I did so, verified all info matched, tried to make a purchase and again DENZiED BY SECURITY. So THEY advised me to open this account AND NOT LINK A CARD. So unless you are a troll for PayPal STOP TALKING
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

None of what you are stating is going to change the way PayPa offers PayPal Credit.

If you are not happy with PayPal Credit you are free to find alternative products which meet your criteria.

Login to Me Too

Kathbradfish
Contributor
Contributor
I guess you do things your way, and I do things mine, I have seen complaint after complaint about this, and the Customer Service clearly doesn't have the ability to even explain (so they read a script) but you see, I am fully qualified to access what they are doing, and file the appropriate complaint based on my findings. So whether or not I can effect change actually remains to be seen. But I won't be hanging around a message board mocking and undermining people for trying to seek assistance for what is clearly a system wide policy failure
Login to Me Too

gtarantino44
Contributor
Contributor

the one thats annoing is they send you an email to apply then they turn you down then they keep sending emails to apply i have received 6or7 such emails if i may another one is when you get a refund they find a way to hold it for some time its got to be for the interest on the money

Login to Me Too

Kathbradfish
Contributor
Contributor
There all laws that govern this. If they are definitely holding a refund they are required to pay at the current rate of interest
Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"I am fully qualified to access what they are doing"

You work for PayPal? You can access their systems?

Or did you mean ASSESS?

Login to Me Too

Kathbradfish
Contributor
Contributor
Oh My! Say it isn't so. Jeez, we'll never mind, I guess the whole point of these postings is now lost. How about you grow up and stop trolling PayPal Community.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What was the point of your posting?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.