System error. Please try again later.

PookyBear84037
Contributor
Contributor
I used to be able to scan checks through my iPhone 5S paypal app, but now all I get when I hit scan is "We're sorry. System error. Please try again later. " I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I've tried shutting down and restarting my phone. I've fiddled with settings. I've done all these things over and over in different combinations, but nada. I can see from google searches that other people have had this same issue over the past three or four years, but nothing seems to get resolved. Any new developments? Or am I doomed to check scan limbo until I get a new phone?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest opening a Tech Support Ticket here:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

Note, you have to setup an account first, then you can submit and track your question.

Login to Me Too

Gidgetpdx
New Community Member

This is what I was told by PayPal

The 'Scan a Check' feature has been temporarily removed from our services since June 15, 2014. Though we do not have a specific date to bring this feature back but we are exploring other ways to reintroduce it in the future.

For the moment, I recommend that you cash the check to your bank.

I was hoping for more of an ETA but I am now more worried that it might be going away????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.