Still no chip cards?

useopenid
Contributor
Contributor

I'm extremely disappointed in paypal that my new card *still* doesn't have a chip for chip and pin use.  Paypal should have been at the forfront of moving to the more secure technology, not dragging behind the rear.  This is now the only card I have that isn't chipped.  Shame!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does not having a chip card present a real lproblem with purchases?  It shouldn't.  The chip card is to protect merchants, not buyers.

Login to Me Too

useopenid
Contributor
Contributor

Having all cards have chips is the first step to getting rid of the mag stripe, which is necessary to make it much more difficult to clone cards.  Having your card info stolen is no fun even if the card companies back out the fraudulent charges.  They're not perfect, but they are a vast improvement.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have a Chase VISA card which is still non-chip.  I don't see it as a problem.

At our retail events I accept chip and non-chip cards; it's not an issue.  I confirm the identity of users, so the chance of a user presenting a fraudulent card is very low.

Many credit card purchases are online and the chip becomes irrelevant in those cases.

If don't like a current brand of credit card, just use you consumer power and stop using that card and get a chip card from a bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.