Statement confusion

Moonchild918
New Community Member
Morning All.... The use of (-) signs on my statement's totally mess me up! On a $400 payment I made has a - in front of it, and all the refunds to my account have no - in front of them! Shouldn't these two types of credits to my account be labeled the same??? So is a payment or refund towards my PP smart acct. look the same on my statement??? Also, everytime I buy something those totals all have - in front of the total..... I'm totally confused!!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @Moonchild918,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this feedback! Our statement design is intended to allow you to better keep track of money going in and out of your account. Money going out of your PayPal account is being deducted, which is why the minus "-" sign is added to the number. When you receive a refund, funds are being added to your balance, which is why the minus sign isn't applied.

When it comes to your PayPal Smart Connect balance, reviewing your transactions and your running balance total should assist in monitoring your spending. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.