Smart Connect Card Security Fee

CarlosM1984
Contributor
Contributor

What is this fee and will they remove it if I call? This is a sneaky fee, I bought something on the smart connect and never agreed to this fee. I've made the minium payment for 4 months and noticed my balance keeps going up and not down, well it's because my minimum payment is $44 and the Interest and Security Fee combined is $52. So my fees are more then my minimum payment, not even sure how thats legal.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @CarlosM1984,

I ran into the same thing with my Smart Connect account and I didn't notice the charges on my statements for quite a while. From what I remember, when I signed up for Smart Connect there was a checkbox that I marked to sign up for the Security service, but I was unaware that there was a cost for it.

I believe there was a number next to the charge on the statement that I called to remove the Security service. I didn't ask for my money back because I figured I should have been paying better attention to my statements and I wasn't if I would be reimbursed because I let it go for so long. (It was more than 4 months.) 😞

It wouldn't hurt to ask them to reimburse you though, especially if you've only had it for a few months.

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

btv
New Community Member

Kudos to you... thanks for talking about this. I have this fee coming out regularly and I never signed up for anything like this. I hope they will take it off... sneaky sneaky... 

Login to Me Too

myers123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for posting this I had the same problem my amt kept going up even though i was not using the account for a thing and paying on time etc .

Just yesterday i saw the card security fee and I never ageed to it , and was unaware and all these mths  have been being charged .A ridiculous amt of 78.00 OMG  did they stop charging you now ? Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Oldhomes_22
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone ever get it figured out?? I don't have smart connect that I know of. But it's charged me for 3 months that I know of. I can't see my account before then and I guess we are on paperless billing. Did you get a refund?
Login to Me Too

kuruptygotti

Just found out about these fees last month and asked for a refund.  Turns out they have been doing this for some time and racked up almost $1800!  I am getting a refund.  If it does not include interest fees then a lawsuit will be coming their way!!

Login to Me Too

Oldhomes_22
Contributor
Contributor
I dont blame you. Its ridiculous. I have been trying to get my refund. They said it would take 2 billing cycles... told me just to wait.. almost $400...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.