Selling website wishes to pay using a VCC, Can this be done through paypal?

Rickee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all!

So a reseller website (booking.com) is saying that they can make payment to me via a virtual credit card, for the fees collected from our hotel guests who pay online as they book through the site. I'd really like to do this as without the payment being required as they book we end up with an atrocious cancellation and no-show rate.

However their VCC comes only with Card number, start and expiration date and VCC. No name, no address, no email address.

Now if I had a handheld bank CC terminal I could just put it through as a MOTO transaction but the fees for that are extortionate, hence why we're with Paypal. 

So the question is, can the paypal virtual terminal accept a card with those details only or does it require more information than the VCC system booking.com will generate?

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Don't think that would work as you will need the name, billing address, etc.   Check out the VT User Guide.

Login to Me Too

Rickee
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, well the response codes include G: Global Unavailable (no match but no decline) I: International Unavailable (No Match but not an auto decline)

S: Service not supported and U: Unavailable. neither of which are auto declines....

Given that the company in question is based in Amsterdam and I presume the vcc's are generated by a bank there then it's still a possibility. the question is whether their helpdesk people will know what AVS code will be returned by the transaction.

Or I could just wait for a paid booking. let them take the money and see if it works.

The Virtual Terminal is free to add to the account, right? it just charges per transaction?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.