Restricted Account

gazza9171
Contributor
Contributor

Could anyone possibly be able to explain how this has happened. When people are sending payments via friends and family, they get a message appear that says that the account they are trying to send money too only accepts payments via goods and services?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gazza9171

Have you been accepting friends / family payments when you have been selling instead of goods / services?

Only if you have paypal may limit your account or restrict you to goods / services payments only.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gazza9171
Contributor
Contributor
I was asking on behalf of someone else and yes they've been selling online using family and friends
Login to Me Too

gazza9171
Contributor
Contributor
As well as goods and services
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, they were using friends/family for salle?  Well, not any more.  Simple.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gazza9171

As its against paypal rules to sell and accept friends / family payments then they are lucky they can still use their paypal account at all.

Paypal must have sussed it so now they can't do that.

Its unfair to ask buyers to pay that way just to evade fees and negate their buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@gazza9171

As its against paypal rules to sell and accept friends / family payments then they are lucky they can still use their paypal account at all.

Paypal must have sussed it so now they can't do that.

Its unfair to ask buyers to pay that way just to evade fees and negate their buyer protection.

often it is a mutual agreement,buyer gets a bargain if seller can avoid venue fee and PAYPAL fee. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lancelotme

Yes but as its against paypal rules for sellers to accept payments that way AND buyers to pay that way then both risk their paypal accounts being limited.

Not so much of a bargain then.    Smiley Sad 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.