Refused item never received back by seller

ghoul31
New Community Member

I bought a computer , but when it arrived I decided I didn't want it

The seller offered  a 14 day return policy so I returned it via refused delivery

A month later the tracking info didn't show it being received back to seller yet.

So i went to the post office and they said that the package isn't tracked when

it goes back to the seller, which seems ridiculous!

But they said it usually only takes a couple of weeks to get back to the seller

so they should have it by now.

So I contacted the the seller and they say they never received it.

So what am I supposed to do now? There is no way to even

prove if the seller received it back or not.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not knowing the answer I think there are 2 important considerations when a buyer refuses and unopened package that has tracking to buyer and then shows refused.

First, does PayPal consider this to have been received by buyer or not.  If PayPal considers it received, then the buyer is responsible to make sure it has tracking to seller.

Second, if refused is not considered delivered then the case is simple.  Buyer gets refund for non-delivery.

I think you need to review PayPal policies for delivery qualifcations.  Click on Legal Agreements at the bottom of thepage and do your reserarch.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ghoul31

Well i suspect any dispute would fail as paypal do not cover buyer remorse and even if they did you have to supply a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Would have been better to have accepted the item and then contacted the seller to ask if you could return it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

well,tracking must have shown it has arrived at her place,but no more tracking to show it has been returned,so she has no ground for filing any dispute with Paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.